SAU Community

It's Rebuild Time!

CND2AUS

Catchy title got you - It's not time to rebuild the engine like you may have figured, but rather everything else.

I picked up a series 1 auto for pennies since it needs all the suspension, and some steering components replaced. Bit of a job, but not necessarily why I'm starting this thread. The car, surprisingly, didn't have any maintenance history. You know what that means! Replace all the things! I'm new to Australia, so I'm not sure where the best deals are for this stuff are.
I'm pretty sure I have the suspension all sorted out, but as far as acc belts, timing belt kit, water pump, water pump seal goop, and spark plug online suppliers go, I'm pretty lost. I've seen some ebay listings as low as $200 for complete kits inc. water pump, and then I've seen kits locally (gold coast) with all the same stuff for $600.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Unless someone here just so happens to have all of this BNIB at home, then I'll buy yours.

Cheers.

Before anyone mentions how I should swap the manual trans in, I will, in due time. It's certainly shitty seeing a swap in the classifieds going for $1100 right now.