SAU Community

R33 Radiators , Pwr Or Koyo ?

I figure my 20 year old OE radiator has done the job long enough .

Looking at aftermarket and not interested in cheapies . From searching the PWR and Koyo all aluminium radiators look the part so what have people here found with them ?

The ask is must be direct fit with standard fan and fan shroud .

Thanks in advance cheers Adrian DP03 .

Edited by discopotato03

PWR gear is the tits. I have one and it's a perfect fit and keeps temps under control no worries on the track. I also bought a koyorad to use and the build quality was just as good as the PWR one, but unfortunately due to cash restraint I had to sell it before I was able to use it.

hey there, I purchased a new radiator off ebay about 4 years ago and its still going strong and the fitment was perfect. it was a 42mm thick core and the brand was 'fenix'. I'd never heard of the brand before but wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. even the radiator shroud bolted straight onto it and I was very impressed with the quality of the welds. At the time I paid around $220 but now they're around the $400 mark

personally I would not go PWR again, too many stories on here and elsewhere of premature failure which they blame on using the "wrong" coolant and reject warranty claims. And yet somehow, every other brand of radiator is cheaper but doesn't have this magical wrong coolant allergy?

Actually I found an EBay add for the Koyo Type R020442 53mm from Punchbowl in Sydney . Not all Koyo R33 rads are the same but the claim is these go straight in with the factory shroud and fan . If I can cash n carry with the 2yr warranty probably way to go .

Cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

I now own a Koyo part no KL020442R and a good looking thing it is . Trouble with internet sites is getting a pic of something that actually is an R33 Skyline radiator . Even Kudos show a pic of something nothing like a Skyline part .

Anyhow 53mm and everyone online and off reckons they fit fine with all standard hardware .

A .

PWR, just make sure you use a tridon or stant radiator cap from a 300zx or a lancer or similar.

The oem Nissan one found on R33 R32 skylines are no good and don't seal properly as the neck doesn't have a bead as such.

Last track day, 10 flat out laps, water didn't go past 90 degrees. Old China ASI/Worley would sit at about 100 to 110.

Close to 8 . I just found the contact through Ebay which from memory was Adrad and went with them .

Good looking unit and came with a higher pressure cap which I don't want to use .

I never had a cooling problem other than a pin hole leak in that back pipe junction . S2 GTS25T is now 20 yrs old and while the std rad looks ok its probably a time bomb . Basically doing all steel plastic and rubber coolant hoses/pipes in the bay plus pump , rad and OE thermostat .

I'll be interested to see if the coolant temp stays closer to 76-78 degrees rather than 82-85 .

A .

Edited by discopotato03