SAU Community

R32 Gtst Central Locking Mechanism Help

jajaboy

Hi all,

Just need some advice and info about a few problems regarding door locking mechanisms on my 32. Since I bought it, key central locking has never worked (no remote/alarm). At the same time, everytime I open the driver side door, the cabin light does not turn on, while if I open the passenger side, the light turns on. I've also noticed that the driver side door doesn't fully close (sticks out a little), but still locks. I've had problems where I would unlock the driver door, but as I go to open it, the door would still be locked. I'm planning on opening the door cards and having a look, but if anyone has any advice, please drop a comment or inbox me. I really want to get my central locks working..

Also I've realised my passenger side window switch has a problem as well. The switch allows the window to go down, but not up. However, when I use the driver window controls to bring it up, it works. Would this be a broken switch?

Cheers guys.

Seems as though you have a few issues hidden behind the door cards.

I suggest taking off the door cards and having a look at the rods that lock/unlock your door. It's quite possible that the motors have been replaced and the aftermarket setup are poorly aligned.

Do you still hear a noise once you've turned the key to lock/unlock the door? If not this could suggest that the 25+ year old motors are dead.

In regards to the cabin light not switching on. When you open up your door you'll notice a "door switch". Double check that hasn't broken and if need be, pull it out and check that it's still working.

Also sounds like you have an alignment issue with the drivers side door.

Passenger side window switch sounds like it is on the way out to me.

Where abouts are you located? I have a lot of this stuff for sale actually. I could possibly ship something out to you if you find out what parts you need.

Cheers, Josh.