SAU Community

Jupiter Esl-165 R Remote Start Problem

TMLP

Hi all as usual when someone starts a new topic they need something so...

I had a battery place put a bigger battery in me 260RS today & installed larger terminals to fit as the stock battery in these cars is just way too small. well I asked the to bridge the car with a patch battery so I didn't loose all my head unit setting etc & of course they didn't.

Now apart for reseting everything inn my car the JUPITER ESL-165 R remote start /entry system just beeps & beeps from under the dash, does anybody know how to re-arm the fob & system I read the Japanese instructions as best I could but I must be missing something as the procedure of unplugging the harness plugging it back in then turning the ignition to on then carry out the cut engine procedure twice then turn off the ignition din NOT work...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

REMOTE ESL-165R.pdf

So i went to see a Japanese girl that works in a cafe in town & I have done everything right, the problem I have is, there is NO procedure in the manual for a manual car, only for an automatic so the system wont activate unless your in park, but I cant activate my system as you need yo go from Park to Neutral to Park with you foot on the brake & ignition on but I cant do that in a manual car...

Can anybody please shed some light onto my dim brain of what the procedure is for telling the Jupiteru ESL-165R that it is in fact in neutral?

Again ANY help would be something.

Would it be wired up to the reverse lights? Try going revere then nuetral

I have tried that but will have to try a few variations like using the clutch NOT using the clutch using the brake etc etc... if I could find a wiring diagram for it i could solve this so much easier...

Thanks for the idea.. I'll give it another go with the different combinations.

UPDATE:

No luck so far.

Anyone have any knowledge of this system or know where I can get a wiring diagram from?

• 2 weeks later...

OK I give up... it goes in Friday for a Viper 5706V Alarm Remote Start Turbo timer etc instal.... 

amazing how people DON'T do what you ask & it cost you $900 & there is no recourse as (its not standard so it shouldn't happen) excuse.

All I asked was put a jumper battery on the car when the fitted a new battery & terminals BUT NO thats too hard apparently.

NO MORE if I want a good job from now on I'll waste my time doing their jobs so I know its done right... rant rant rant rave.............

ah I fell better now & I didn't even have to kick the dog :)

• Like 1

So. What's the final result? What did you replace the Yupiteru system with? And did you find out how it was wired in? Also where will you never buy a battery from again?

OK, the wrap up...

New alarm is a Viper 5706V 2-Way Security System, its a 2 way with LCD key fob & paging alerts (beep & vibrate USB rechargeable).

It comes with 2 remotes, 1 LCD Screen 2-Way and 1 5-button 1-Way Up to 1 Mile Range. apart from a great alarm it has everything I need, remote start, turbo timer, lock unlock  & much more it is an awesome system & upgradeable. (windows, proximity warning, Unlocks your doors and disarms the system as you approach Locks your doors and arms the system as you walk away)  

The Yupiteru system was fitted with a T harness adapter so it was just unplug & remove. Not really a stealth system but it was more a remote start, central locking kit...

The battery place was just a large franchise in Wickham with guys that were just over it I guess, No care given, Too hard box, I cant blame the company but the employees suck. 

It's all done now & I am more than happy with the job that House of Soundz Kotara did fitting the system, not a mark anywhere.

While I was at it I fitted a20 LED light bar behind the gril. Looks excellent & works a treat. When it's not on it looks like an unmarked police car with the LEDs just visible through the grill. Then on high beam BAM daylight & looks totally stock.