SAU Community

R32 N1 Rear Window Part Number

Update: it seems I've had a win. There is some new glass on order, and despite people thinking that parts merely come overnight from Japan(thanks F&F # 1 for that misconception!), it'll be here soon. Looking forward to a cleaner, lighter car! (OK, the lighter call is only just, but it'll offset some other additions slightly)

Update: it seems I've had a win. There is some new glass on order, and despite people thinking that parts merely come overnight from Japan(thanks F&F # 1 for that misconception!), it'll be here soon. Looking forward to a cleaner, lighter car! (OK, the lighter call is only just, but it'll offset some other additions slightly)

Presumably you have a nationwide auto glass supplier. Did you try them?

I really want genuine glass as I've had fitting issues occasionally in the past with aftermarket glass suppliers. Nothing major, mind, but in this case it's imperative that it's 200% correct. It's my pride and joy GTR and not some snot nosed little Pulsar ET Turbo where it doesn't matter as much!

1 hour ago, LTSJayce said:

I really want genuine glass as I've had fitting issues occasionally in the past with aftermarket glass suppliers. Nothing major, mind, but in this case it's imperative that it's 200% correct. It's my pride and joy GTR and not some snot nosed little Pulsar ET Turbo where it doesn't matter as much!

OK but my misconception is that the glass comes from the same factory. Has always worked for me.

• 5 weeks later...

It turns out that whilst the N1 'glass number was still listed as available(and I therefore ordered it...), Nissan Japan then let it run a few weeks before saying NOPE, it's no longer available. FAIL.