SAU Community

STOLEN : 1997 (S3) Skyline GTR - White

MUFASA

Hi All,

Unfortunately i just had my GTR stolen.

If anyone can keep a lookout for it, and call the cops if you spot it, that will be appreciated.  Alternately give me a call or sms (04 two two 32 one 1 zero 4)

Details:

1997 R33 GTR (S3)

White

Reg: SLOAZ

Car was stolen from The Glen car park at Glen Waverley between 14:15 to 15:35.  Was parked in the in the underground car park, just off Springvale Rd (Coles car park).

Don't have much pics of the car, but below should give you a rough idea of what it looks like:

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

Edited by MUFASA
Added mobile

Cunts

4 hours ago, Cowboy1600 said:

Dude, that's f**ked.  Sorry to hear it.

Hopefully it's recovered and the scum who took it die a horrible, nasty, painful death.  

I fekin' hate thieves.

This occasionally happens, like the guy who nicked my R1 and chose bitumen for his last meal.

Feel like you can't park anywhere if your car gets nicked in an hour long window. Insurance is an absolute must these days. No chances.

Thanks guys. I think what pisses me of the most is bums who have no respect for other people's property.
It's all insured and all, but as always with cars like this, it's never about money.
A few sightings came through last night saying they saw it around the Noble Park area, so I've passed that onto the cops as well.
I would think as it only runs on E85, the United stations around there will be a good lead too...that being said if you were smart, u will just fill it up via jerry cans.

Arseholes. I will keep an eye out for you as I live around noble park area. Question for you. Did the car have a quality alarm system? Just trying to work out if the guys pinching our skylines are opportunistic scumbag thieves or pro scumbag thieves. Starting to worry about my own pos gtst which I regularly park at shopping centres which I thought was a pretty safe thing to do. Obviously not.

15 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Arseholes. I will keep an eye out for you as I live around noble park area. Question for you. Did the car have a quality alarm system? Just trying to work out if the guys pinching our skylines are opportunistic scumbag thieves or pro scumbag thieves. Starting to worry about my own pos gtst which I regularly park at shopping centres which I thought was a pretty safe thing to do. Obviously not.

Alarms don't do shit if the thieves have the slightest clue.  And at a guess anyone f**king off in something like a GTR know what they are doing. Insurance is the only defence.

My skyline got stolen 3 months ago with alarm and immobilizer. Doesn't make a difference.

3 hours ago, Cowboy1600 said:

Alarms don't do shit if the thieves have the slightest clue.  And at a guess anyone f**king off in something like a GTR know what they are doing. Insurance is the only defence.

17 minutes ago, L33SH said:

My skyline got stolen 3 months ago with alarm and immobilizer. Doesn't make a difference.

I don't believe either of these attitudes. It will stop lots of thieves if done right. It wont stop 100% but it's better to have than not to have. 

Yeah, sadly nowadays alarm & immobilizer doesn't make much of a difference.

Been told it was spotted this afternoon as well in Mt Waverley with SA Plates.  This would kind of make sense, because someone told me, they spotted it this morning on the Eastern at 1AM with SA Plates as well (i originally dismissed that thinking it would have just been another R).

The front plates apparently are mounted on Left hand side of the bumper.

Plates might be:  463-bky

One thing the car does not show in the pics is (didn't have those stickers when i took that pic), it's got bright Red Tow stickers (TOW is in Yellow) on the front and rear bumpers on the right hand side.

If these sightings are real, then i suspect these are just joy riders...hoping a speed camera or what not gets these pricks faces.

13 hours ago, Borci88 said:

I don't believe either of these attitudes. It will stop lots of thieves if done right. It wont stop 100% but it's better to have than not to have. 

How many post have you seen that went something like this?

"Hey guys, just to let you know some scum tried to steal my car last night, but my alarm/immobilser stopped them.  If you're in the ********** area, watch out, they are out there."

I don't ever recall seeing one.

Now, how many have you seen that goes like this:

"Hey cars, car was stolen from my driveway/local shops/street last night.  Had immobiliser and alarm but they got it anyway.  If you see it, please call the cops."

I've seen dozens of those ones.

1 hour ago, Cowboy1600 said:

How many post have you seen that went something like this?

"Hey guys, just to let you know some scum tried to steal my car last night, but my alarm/immobilser stopped them.  If you're in the ********** area, watch out, they are out there."

I don't ever recall seeing one.

Now, how many have you seen that goes like this:

"Hey cars, car was stolen from my driveway/local shops/street last night.  Had immobiliser and alarm but they got it anyway.  If you see it, please call the cops."

I've seen dozens of those ones.

There's a reasonable explanation for this and it's pretty much vocal minority. Most people who post about car theft on SAU are not regular contributors and only ever come to SAU for help when their car has been stolen or to buy/sell parts. They're not going to come on here and post about an attempted theft because they don't need help with that. And no offence intended for the OP, but these people aren't the type to frequent the forums and help out other people with their stolen cars. So the stories of successful thefts will always outweigh those of unsuccessful.

Besides that, there are actually instances posted on here of unsuccessful thefts. See Kinkster's. I had people break into my Skyline at 5pm on a weeknight outside my house. My alarm went off, which it usually does for loud cars going past so I ignored it. Later in the night I walked out to car and found the door ajar and lock fked, but no attempt was made on the ignition barrell and no items were missing. I conclude my alarm scared off their brazen attempt given the time of day.

I'm the first to say "if they really want it they will get it" and "insurance is the only assurance", but not all crims are as smart or equipped with tow trucks, and ultimately you're buying yourself time by installing such security measures. I know which car I'd rather target.

Sucks and is a sickening feeling.............

All we can do is make it as hard as we can for them - there is always a remote chance that they will think 'to hard' and walk away.

But if they really want it then they will get it.

Do we know how they're overriding alarms?  I spoke to our local alarm guy today about getting an alarm for mine and he was telling me about alarms now being "black wire" alarms where every wire in the wiring loom is black in colour so makes it next to impossible to know which is the correct wire to cut.

I know steering clubs are gay as unicorn poo but if that's the only resort to keeping the pricks away then I'd be doing it.

Otherwise GPS tracking units are getting cheaper and cheaper or just cable tie an old Iphone under the seat that is wired to constant 12v and keep it tracked via "Find My Iphone".  Either rock up where it is with baseball bats or call the cops.  

Let's work a bit harder and smarter to keep these pricks from stealing our pride and joy.

2 hours ago, Birds said:

I'm the first to say "if they really want it they will get it" and "insurance is the only assurance", but not all crims are as smart or equipped with tow trucks, and ultimately you're buying yourself time by installing such security measures. I know which car I'd rather target.

I'm not saying don't bother with alarms and immobilisers, what I'm saying is in the grand scheme of things they do f**k all.  But you never know, you might get lucky.

22 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Do we know how they're overriding alarms?  I spoke to our local alarm guy today about getting an alarm for mine and he was telling me about alarms now being "black wire" alarms where every wire in the wiring loom is black in colour so makes it next to impossible to know which is the correct wire to cut.

I know steering clubs are gay as unicorn poo but if that's the only resort to keeping the pricks away then I'd be doing it.

Otherwise GPS tracking units are getting cheaper and cheaper or just cable tie an old Iphone under the seat that is wired to constant 12v and keep it tracked via "Find My Iphone".  Either rock up where it is with baseball bats or call the cops.  

Let's work a bit harder and smarter to keep these pricks from stealing our pride and joy.

Not to discourage anyone from adopting these security measures, but there is a way around each and every one of them. I have portable hardware that can disable GPS - cost me $5 from eBay and it works well enough that people won't get within 200 metres of you.

Deterrants and obstacles are all they are. And with apex cocks getting around, being inside your car is also no longer a safe bet.