SAU Community

R33 driving "wobble"

Recently got my first Skyline,R33 Gtst S1.. noticed a few problems with it.

First, when driving along a bumpy or uneven road the back end will dip and wobble a bit, feeling soft for a second.. it only does that on bumps and is fine in a straight line or around corners.. Never had anything with HICAS so dont know if thats it..

2nd typical miss fire problems under load usually between 2.5-3k rpm..

3rd ciggy port doesnt work, fuses seam fine.

And laslty had a crack in the radiator appear last night, noticed coolant steaming out and pulled over asap. That needs replacing and x2 belts (1 demolished completely)..

Any advice or help would be massively appreaciated on the trouble shooting.. cheers

You need to list the mods.

eg If you are using a hiflow turbo and no a/m ECU then the miss at 3K is R and R.

ciggy port???= lighter?? probably need to take the dash apart and check the wiring is OK.

Suspension wobble, no idea sorry.  Jack it up and check that no bolts or other stuff is broken.

not sure what mods yet.. lowered 1" i know that much. Aftermarket Trust induction pipe to turbo.. everything else looks to be factory.
Ciggy port is lighter port yes.. Wiring seams to be good, cant find any faults on that so far.
The wobble may be the HICAS, but will jack it up and have a look over the weekend..

I get a similar wobble on certain rough surfaces in my R34. It really doesnt like all the roadwork thats been done on the M4 Motorway. The bumps and irregularities at 80+ kmh seem to give mine that feel too. But normal roads no problem. I am at standard height but run 265 tyres all round. I assume its the HICAS......Lock bar will be on my shopping list soon

Might look at the same thing myself.. Driving to Windsor heading down Stoney Creek Road, the bump and uneven surface makes the back end feel loose and not very "safe".
Got a few things to do on her this weekend.. Changing the belts over, water pump, thermo, and Radiator.  Check the back end for any play in the wheels and look over the bushings ect..
If that all goes well, possibly disable the HICAS and take it for a drive to see if that is the problem.. if it is then Lock bar for me.
Anyone know a good wreckers? Want to pick up an R34 standard spoiler later on's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Touching back in,
The issue was the camber angle.  The guy i bought the car off had it right out causing the inside edge to wear quickly.
On average i was going through a set of tires every few months.
Had the alignment set back to the factory spec .5' and havent had any issues with it in 12 + months