SAU Community

Fuga Front seats in a PNM35

D-750

Any one tried to get the fancy front Fuga leather seats to fit in a m35?

They are based on the similar Nissan rear wheel drive base, but the mounts are about 5mm shy in each direction.

And then what about the wiring? Anyone have the Fuga seat pinouts so that the heat/cool, and leg rest thing all work?

They are really nice comfy seat, but mostly I am after them for the use of the passenger front seat with the leg rest for my post knee op wife.

Any ideas gratefully received

5mm you should be able to fix with drilling bigger holes or bending or some small "adjustment".

The electrical functions will only plug in if they are options on the M35. Otherwise I guess you can wire them yourself 

Or you could buy a Fuga - the 450 would be pretty nice!

• 2 weeks later...

V35 & 350z seats bolt straight up rails and all.

The only thing to consider is the uneven rails on the drivers side due to a bulge in the transmission tunnel.

Electrics you can get to work with some basic wiring skill and the right tools - I wired up the full electronic adjustment on my V35 seats without an issue.

So if it can bolt to your existing rails and you or a friend can wire it in then you can make it fit!

• 1 month later...

1cfd6c4a4bf75fe2d50aff8b616b1652.jpg

Fitting was easy enough, a couple of drill holes and a couple of spacers and longer bolts on the inner edge.

But the bloody air bag light!

One long ten short.

Any tricks to tricking the car?

I have tried clearing the fault and the diagnostic mode but still have the cell lite.

Yep, done the usual air bag clear trick. Only thing I Changed was I cut and hard wired the wires together rather than changing over the plugs. Do the plugs make a difference?

did you hardwire your seat to the car? strange choice......just head to jaycar or car parts place and buy a plug and socket with the right number of wires.

do you know the airbag is OK in the seat you bought?

if you dont want to use it, a resistor between the 2 wires is the way to go. There are a couple of threads about potential resister sizes, each car is different. If you can't work it out you can buy a variable resistor to find the right size, or I have one you can use if you are in Sydney (your profile doesn't say)

BTW, seats look great

Cheers guys, and no not Sydney! Auckland NZ!

Hardwiring, Yeah it was a quick way to get everything to work. I will be buying proper plugs once I figure out the heating and cooling functions and how to wire in the switches. First thing was to get them to fit by being able to use the seat controls to move the seat forward and back to get to all the bolt holes. A spear battery and leads helped as well.