SAU Community

Which Exhaust for my PM35?

burnso

I've been having a poke around under my new PM35 RWD with VQ35DE and the exhaust looks very restrictive and tired. (A few pics attached)  It's next on my list to replace after rad and trans cooler. 

I had an Apexi system on my C34 which droned a bit to much so I don't want anything too loud but it would be good to liven it up a bit .  There doesn't seem to be much available locally but from my research a system from a G35 sedan will bolt up. 

I'm liking the look of the Stillen system

https://conceptzperformance.com/stillen-504370-catback-exhaust-system-infiniti-g35-sedan-03-06-rwd-and-awd-v35_p_423.php

or maybe Borla but it doesn't look as well made 

https://conceptzperformance.com/borla-140093-true-dual-catback-exhaust-system-infiniti-g35-03-06-sedan-rwd-vq35de-v35_p_393.php

They are both twin pipe systems which I'd think will be less likely to drone than a larger single pipe but the Tanabe with a Y pipe looks good too. 

https://conceptzperformance.com/tanabe-t70082-medallion-touring-y-pipe-back-exhaust-system-infiniti-g35-sedan-03-06-v35_p_12249.php

https://conceptzperformance.com/tanabe-t50063-medallion-touring-y-pipe-infiniti-03-06-sedan-03-07-coupe-g35-v35_p_10057.php

Dose any one have any experience with any of these or thoughts on other options?  

2016-08-13 17.19.48.jpg

2016-08-13 17.19.56.jpg

With the dollar the way it is, and shipping you're looking at a lot of cesh.

Anything from the V35 sedan and earlier model m35s will fit up to the Y pipe. To be honest, it's not about performance gain. The restriction isn't in the back section primarily, it's in the headers and The four OEM cats.

Should be able to pick up a decent second hand unit in Aus, or worst case YAJ for a lot less coin.

Can vouch for the Stillen. Mate of mine had it on his V35 and it was very quiet in-cabin whilst cruising on the freeway.

Sound was nice under load and once he put his HKS turbo on, it sounded damn good.

Plenty of Youtube clips with all of these options on G35's for (admittedly average quality) sound reference.

On 8/20/2016 at 7:51 PM, D-750 said:

Yeah I have the same question. Except my photos have more 4WD Shit in the way

You have a different Y-pipe to the RWD so if looking in the US, make sure you get one that is compatible with the G35x such as the Stillen.

Edited by iamhe77

It's hard to find much locally and even most of the stuff on YHJ is for the VG25det cars. 

I've watched plenty of the US youtube clips but you cant tell much by some yank holding their phone in front of the outlet and reving it 

Hi mate i have a Stillen exhaust which i have now replaced with a hitech system. I would not recommend the Stillen fit and finish are fine but i was not happy with the sound from the start and eventually it got worse when baffles became loose and the packing burnt out of the rear muffler.The hitech exhaust sounds great it uses the y pipe and roughly the same mid section as there 350z system with one of there duel outlet mufflers at the back.I bought the Stillen because the dollar was good at the time and there was no bolt on available i just thought it would be easier to do it myself i wish i went to hitech in the first place it was done in half a day.I still have the Stillen if your in sydney and you want to see it or hear the hitech.

Hi AR510 

What didn't you like about the sound of the Stillen?  To loud, quiet or drone? Are you talking about hitech in Melbourne?  How much did the hitech system set you back? 

I'd love to hear the hitech but I'm in Melbourne

Thanks 

Was hitech in Sydney and it was $1600 fitted. The Stillen did drone a little and it was a bit louder than now which I didn't mind I think the back muffler had a loose baffle from the start I just thought it was rasp from the headers that were on the car when I bought it but the noise got worse to the point I could not stand it anymore , its all good now no drone at all.

• 3 years later...

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if there has been an update on this thread, what works and what didn't?

I'm based in QLD Australia and just bought headers and test pipes from Empire Performance for my PM35 which were for and 06 350z, now looking for after market y-pipe from somewhere and looking at customising a mid pipe to replace stock one with the giant muffler and rear pipe next week.

anyone have any luck fitting a 350z dual exhaust? i've seem this on some pm35's just not sure if they are a direct fit. btw I have a 06 pm35 autech rear wheel 3.5l stagea.

Thanks