SAU Community

highly modified R34 GTR Ran out of fuel and now won't start no spark and no injectors no flow

Hi guys so i have a highly modified rb26  with flex flew e85 and e93 octane fuel setup. using dynamic injectors. i start the car every week i don't drive it so i can keep up.

how ever i had e85  in take low fuel,  i wormed it up  and i came to pull out the car  to load it on trailer.  and i drove around the  to get it on trailer i kind of floor it and died i figured out of fuel. no problem i got to the shop and put 93 octane( car is flex fuel tuned.) so i try to start it won't start  i have one pump in tank i check it is working and i have 2 bosch external and they are working. the fuel gauge  in front of the fuel rail  show pressures 60psi.  fuel rail got fuel. 

I pulled out the coil and there is no spark i pulled out the spark plug connected to coil tap on ground and no spark. 

also i looked in cylinder from  the plug whole and the injector is not spraying fuel.... :down:..    i the fuel pump is working but what can have went wrong.. 

for the records i am using AEM V2  ECU,  SINGLE TURBO, FLEX FUEL,  AND 3 FUEL PUMPS I NEVER HAD THAT ISSUE CAR WAS FINE TUNED AT 900WHP BUT I WASNT RACING OR LAUNCHING ... WTF....

Any help please

IMG_0104.JPG

Heaps of things to look at but check the trigger setup (is it aftermarket?). If the ECU isn't getting a signal it won't inject or spark. 

Do you have an immobiliser that cuts fuel/spark? Quite often a candidate. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

How many filters have you got in the fuel system? Pull them out and if you can't clean them cut one open to see if its blocked. Does the pump prime when you turn the ignition on? 

Quickest test is to try another CAS if you have access to one. If not you might need a workshop manual to look up testing procedure, I don't remember if there is another way to test it other than with an oscilloscope.

The fact that you have fuel pressure but no injection plus no spark you need to look at what components restrict both from happening. Can you use your ECU software to look at outputs while cranking?

No luck today so, check injectors with noid light no working how ever there is power on injector and coils but not ground.  How the hell I lose ground all the sudden???? 

So I checked ecu pin lay out ecu got ground alright but pin 20 It's called. B/Y ignition signal system ground.  It don't have ground any ideal where this one go to so I can better track it.

is this thing have a common relay module I need to know about.

please guys help me out here. 

Thanks 

Hi, Just looked up pin 20 on the AEM ECU  EMS P/N 30-6620. If this is your ECU then pin 20 is a ground. The ECU sends a ground signal to fire the injectors. No ground . No injection. Only if the part number of your ECU matches the one you have that is. Do not ground pin 20 unless your ECU part number is EMS P/N 30-6620. I need to know your exact ECU Part number to verify what your pin 20 is.

Ignition signal signal system ground could mean anything I need to have more info. If the Ignition system ground is missing then I would assume there would also be no spark as well as no injection and possibly no fuel pump running.

Michael.

• Like 1

Thanks Michael,. So  I figured it out today thank god, here was the problem.   1). CAS got damaged over time  the shaft in it  and barring got pushed out cuzing the CAS disk to grind against sensor.  Fixed  that got ground ground no problem  how ever.  Fuel is spraying now but end up with no power to the ignition coils.  Checked the egnition relay  behind ecu ( under dash left side) but there is a thick White wire got no power when Cranking, so kept  diagnosting  there was another fuse. A 10 amp fuse  in trunk next to the battery  in small fuse box.  I changed it and everything is working now.  ? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Good to hear you found the problems and fixed them. It's  a good feeling when you solve problems that seem too difficult at first. Understanding how machines should work helps a lot. Never stop learning.

Michael.

Edited by msammut