SAU Community

BNR32 Road to recovery

Hello all,

I'm Ross from Perth and have been a long time reader/ researcher on this forum and have finally become the proud owner of a 1993 Model R32 GTR.

To start off the car is not in good shape the previous owner crashed it into a pole on day one of purchasing the vehicle around 7 years ago with  a fair amount of damage to the passenger side rear quarter and suspension arm it sat in a shed this way until now. I picked the car up 2 weeks ago made some room in the shed then locked it up and flew back up to work so now a month of hanging out wanting to just get home and start on it.

So far I have ordered a whole new left rear quarter panel and glass including mouldings from Ferntree Gully Nissan and used original various suspension arms and rods etc from good old eBay. Also purchased fluids, plugs, vacuum lines and all sorts to clean her up and give it a good going over.

Plan is to repair all the body, give the undercarriage a birthday and change out some suspension components then once it's drive able and re regoed, go all out and build a weapon that can be daily driven or perform round a track. Car was originally silver but has been repainted midnight purple at some point so I plan on keeping this colour also the engine bay is still silver so I can already see myself getting carried away next break and ending up with the engine out ready for a proper respray hence the reason for me creating this thread hopefully it's in the right spot!

So I hope to post progress photo's etc along the way just be patient as I do work away but will make some decent progress each break! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Rosco
Made error
  • Like 2

Managed to pick up a genuine rear spoiler last night off yahoo auctions thanks to import monster as mine didn't come with one! Now just need some skirts and rear pods ?

What would be the best way to take the paint off??

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Rosco
Extra question added
  • Like 1

And some more shopping today genuine gtr 2 piece side skirts from a guy in Perth and in awesome condition can't wait to get home and get it ready to send over to the panel beaters!! Two weeks to go and I can start sharing some decent updates!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 1

Got a Rear subframe on its way just in case there was any damage to the one on the car I'll get this blasted and powder coated then install some new bushes!

what do you guys recommend for bushes just  whiteline? And normally I go to wilkinson in baysie any other suggestions? If not I'll keep going to them ??

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet thanks mate, will hit him up! 

Just a little update will be flying back from work on saturday, finally!! for 9 days anyway.

All the parts have arrived even the new quarter panel that had to come from Japan through Paul at Ferntree Gully parts who has been a huge help and cost me next to nothing for shipping from the east coast to here in Perth. 

meeting Josh from Galvsport on Monday to see where to go, thinking i'll just bite the bullet and get it all done spot on first time round. So first stage get it all fixed and cleaned up running perfect and registered then after a month or so take it back rip the engine out build that and do the engine bay at the same time.

Hopefully have some photo's of it on a trailer enroute to be repaired next week! 

Getting very excited now haha had to vent somewhere as i think the guys at work are getting over me going on about it :banana:

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 1

Small update! spent today draining the fuel tank(fuel was 7 years old so put about 10 litres of new stuff in) and semi stripping the interior out, it gets dropped off at galvsport thursday to remove front subframe and engine along with the rear subframe and whatever else then put onto one of their dolly's then off to the panel shop in around 4 weeks! 

all happening, just going to get the whole lot sprayed and done right the first time including the engine bay!

i'll get some more photo's tomorrow!! 

• Like 1

Another update, won't be using this shell after inspection by the guys at galvsport decision was made to look at another donor car so as of today all thanks to Josh and Chris's work at Galvsport they have managed to get hold of a much better rolling shell this one is white and still a 93 so happy days same result just a much better shell...

have also done some shopping and scored some other parts from a fellow member here in perth :D

list as follows;

Cusco Front Strut Brace with BCS    
Cusco Rear Strut Brace + Triangulation    
Rocket Dancer Wing Extension    
Silkroad Engine Damper    
Trust type R intercooler    
Trust Interooler piping kit    
Trust Oil cooler kit    
Power steering cooler    
Tomei fuel pump    
Catch can setup    
Trust Rear pods