SAU Community

Ecr33 front rotor / Who heard of Bremaxx ??

Hey folks ! I am looking into a break service on my Ecr33 and I ran into a dilemma concerning my front rotors options. Id like to have the same brand on all 4 corners  but since I am in Canada I have a hard time finding the 296x30 front rotors . My local speed shop can get me either DBA / Dixcel or BREMAXX . Now for the price of the 2 fronts on either DBA or Dixcel he can source me all 4 rotors and pads from Bremaxx. I try to search them online and only thing that seems to come up are Ebay AU auctions and I cant find a webpage or any other information on this brand. Any of you guys have had experience with this or any other suggestions ?

I think it is very simple.  DBA are not expensive brake parts.  They are not at the bottom of the price lists, but they certainly are not expensive.  (For proof, look at how many kidneys you have to sell to buy equivalent Brembo or Project Mu rotors!).  And DBA are known to be very good quality.

Bremaxx.  Never heard of them.  But given the choice of spending a small amount of money on unknown mystery quality brake parts, or double the money on known good quality stuff, I don't even ask the question.

Edited by GTSBoy

15 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

I think it is very simple.  DBA are not expensive brake parts.  They are not at the bottom of the price lists, but they certainly are not expensive.  (For proof, look at how many kidneys you have to sell to buy equivalent Brembo or Project Mu rotors!).  And DBA are known to be very good quality.

Bremaxx.  Never heard of them.  But given the choice of spending a small amount of money on unknown mystery quality brake parts, or double the money on known good quality stuff, I don't even ask the question.

Yea , DBA was my first pick also. They must be cheap for you guys since the company is local but with the import and currency exchange they are about same thing here in Canada as the other brands. I do know that some products are not available here and since I only seen the Bremaxx for sale in Australia I was wondering if you guys heard of them. I'm used to seeing overpriced stuff here in Canada so I cant really make a judgement based on the price and that's why I asked.

Thanks for your input !

Bremaxx sounds like some Chinese rotor, probably fine for easy street driving but would expect them to start warping with decent heat pumped into them.

Considering you're in Canada (big temperature swings), I'd spend a bit more and get DBA.