SAU Community

Hey guys need help smashed 33

Hey guys need help smashed 33

Hey guys,

just looking for some advice about my R33 Series 2 GTS-T coupe  

A p plater nailed me head on in my street, my cars insured for $10k, looks like it's going to be written off. 

The damage on my car was all in the front right hand corner, the LCA snapped in half right between the 2 bolts for the castor rod, the wheel is actually fully pushed back in the guard and chopped the front tyre when my dad limped it home, the front bar, head light, both reservoirs in the corner, dented one of the intercooler pipes, the bonnet, guard, grill, didn't look like any chassis damage, just a bit of tangle to be pulled out lol

Anyway the panel beater that had it quoted it up for all the body damage etc, but must've been moving the car and since then apparently the "steering" has collapsed. 

Im hearing the cars going to be a total loss, I was planning on reshelling it anyways 

but what I need to know is how much a fair price would be for me to pay for the wreckage? All the money is in the parts I've broken and I need to buy them again anyway for my new shell and my motor is needing a rebuild too

thanks heaps guys 

image.jpeg

No idea really, but if you can buy a good one complete for $10K and a shitty one for $5K then a written off one should be sub $2-3K.  Make an offer and negotiate.

Start at a price you can easily afford and then go up from there.

Yea I spoke to the panel beater 

Apparently close to $15k just in suspension and steering damage cos they have to use brand new parts

reckons they'll take $500 to $1000 for it 

but who knows

thanks guysimage.thumb.jpeg.4bf66a4ecfee8aa0c584466551057f54.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by marni

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna say I'll have a 12/1997 40th Anniversary silver coupe I'll be selling after I pillage parts to fix my damaged 11/1997 40th Anniversary. I'm only using airbags,  Exhaust  , front end bits but the car won't be cut . I'm not needing any front end steering or suspension, engine or transmission . The donor car isn't a write off, just unregistered  but won't be available til my car's fixed ....poss 1-2mths. I'll post the car on the forum when it's ready to sell.