SAU Community

No fuel getting past Fuel Pressure Regulator

No fuel getting past Fuel Pressure Regulator

Hello all.  I have an interesting problem that maybe one of you guys can help me with.  I have a r32 gtr with a R33 motor swapped into it.  I am getting good fuel pressure to the rail, but nothing is returning to the tank.  I have changed to a known good FPR from another car and get the same issue.  I put a hose on the bottom of the FPR and still get no fuel at all coming out of the FPR.   The car starts and revs good but only if I apply 12 volts directly to the fuel pump.   But even with 12 volts going directly to the pump, I still get zero fuel return.  I realize the fuel pump control module may be bad but that shouldn't have any affect on fuel return to the tank.  I verified I have good vacuum going to the fpr with the motor running.   The car seems to be running really rich(pulled plugs after only a few minutes of run time and they were black), I am guessing due to the fact that no fuel is getting past the fpr and probably overpressurizing the fuel rail(going to get a fuel pressure gauge and see what it is doing).  I confirmed with another car that even with motor off and during the 5 seconds the pump turns on when you first turn on the key, there should be some fuel return to the tank.   I have verified that none of the fuel lines are blocked or crimped.  Any ideas as to why no fuel is getting past the FPR would be appreciated. 

Finally figured it out after getting a fuel pressure gauge.  I had already found a hole in one of the hoses in the tank.  Come to find out, the other hose had a hole in it too right by the fuel pump and that is where most of the fuel was going.  fixed that and the car runs like a dream now.