SAU Community

Need help to identify this diff

r33420

Hey guys I need some help identifying this diff I pulled out of my r33. I bought a stock r33 diff and got them swapped because this one was a nuisance to daily drive. Every time I turned at low speed the car would bounce/shudder.

When I bought the car the guy said it had a Nismo 1.5 Way Diff. I thought something was wrong with my car then after googling the symptoms I found that those diffs are supposed to make heaps of noise at low speed turns so I bought a stock r33 diff and got that put in.

So now I want to sell the "Nismo 1.5 Way" but I want to make sure it is one so I don't rip anyone off.

What do you guys think? I can take more photos if you can't tell from these.

Cheers.

20160828_144701.jpg

20160828_144709.jpg

20160828_144817.jpg

20160828_144832.jpg

Edited by r33420

The key pic internally is to take the inside of the hole you can just see in the first pic. Assuming its a mechanical centre there are ramps inside that determine if it's 1, 2 or 1.5 way, they look like |/, \/, or a halfway between those 2 respectively.  

Also there will be a ratio stamped on the main gear as well, something like 37:9 which is the 4.11 diff. edit, cancel that, I can see you have that in the 3rd pic

I don't know how to tell the brand of the centre, others might, but personally I don't think it matters too much