SAU Community

R33 from Germany

Sonny Forelli

R33 from Germany

Hey guys,

my name is Michael and I found my way to your forum all the way around the world from Cologne, Germany. I own a '97 R33 GTR V-Spec. Here are some shots:

img_20160825_183845h4sqy.jpg img_20160410_164520hqsb6.jpg 13937901_540294136171d0so5.jpg 13962968_540311872836wzsz5.jpg img_1491_kopie_2eqsap.jpg img_1501wisnr.jpg img_1506jxs9w.jpg

As you can see, I already used the opportunity to live near the Nürburgring, to drive my GTR around the famous Norschleife.

Well, thats enough of me at the moment I guess. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Let's have some good time on here.

Cheers

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PranK said:

No way! That looks so awesome! You can imaging how many of us in Australia would love the opportunity to drive our cars around Norschleife. 

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to more updates from you!

:welcome:

I guess I can feel blessed to live so close to the Nürburgring. For a car maniac like me, it's better than every holiday I could imagine, to drive my car the winding roads through the Eifel and do a quick lap around the Nordschleife after relaxing some time at the Brünnchen.

I just can advise everyone to do the trip to the Ring and get yourself a rental for a turn and make the experience by yourself. It's a blast!

14 hours ago, ydawak said:

Wilkommen zu dieser Seite. Ne schöne Kiste haste da ming jung. 

Kölle is ne schöne Stadt und jezt n bisschen schöner.

Haha, das hab ich nich erwartet, dass hier jemand auf Kölsch platt antwortet :D Kommst du aus Köln bzw. hast du Kölner Vorfahren?

14 hours ago, admS15 said:

Nein sprekin deutsche:D

I understand you so it's okay :D

Since I have no big plans for my GTR, I guess I'll stick with my introduction thread in the newbie forum rather than posting a project thread in the build section. So here is a short summary about my car. I imported the Skyline from the japanese auctions in July 2015 via an importer at a town next to me. When I bought it, it had run 111.000 km and was grade 4/B. The "problem area" is the underbody. At the jacking points it hase some little rust, but i think every Skyline has these problems. The little spec list is as follows:

- 5Zigen Miracle Fireball Catback

- 9x17 inch Boyz CST Hyper Zero1 Rims with Kumho KU36 Semislicks

- Blitz turbotimer

- tinted windows

- japanese Kenwood radio (I cant hear radio in Germany with that thing because it works at a differen frequency range. But who needs a radio in a Skyline anyways huh? ;) )

- cleaned trunk lid

- HKS air filter mat in the original filter box

Some future updates I have planned, are a nice front pipe with turbo elbows and 100 cpi race cat, an oil cooler with filter relocation kit, a bigger radiator, some nice coilovers, repainting of some parts in the engine bay, some aftermarket gauges for oil temp, oil pressure and broadband lambda, a blow off valve, stage 1 mapping on a link ecu with elimination of the 180 kmh speed limit and maybe a decent carbon spoiler blade.

• Like 1

Oooh Nordschelefie, how I have missed that place.

Went there last year in little Megane RS265, had a blast!

BTW, with your planned mods, you don't need dump pipes (or turbo elbows as Europeans call them) and BOV for stock turbo equipped cars. Unless it's noise you're after. Because with dump pipes, you'd have to take the turbos out to fit them.

Any plans to upgrade the turbos? Stock ceramic turbos are limited to 14psi before they don't want to turbo.