SAU Community

My NM25 build

Pearcey

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

I had blocked mine temporarily, it ran fine and dosed pretty damn good and costed zero. Ended up reverting to stock when the novelty wore off. bovs in general usually cause issues.

fixed.

• Like 1

Consider a floating valve BOV if you're stock one is gone.

I found the Turbosmart Kompact completely the wrong choice for this engine.

We have an electronic throttle which operates slowly, meaning the bov needs to be super responsive to + and - pressures.

My car shuddered hugely on decel with the Kompact, as many others too.

Springs are too stiff and outlet orifice is too small.

Keep stock one unless you plan to run higher boost.

Just put in a manual boost-t and eliminate the factory solenoid bleed system to get a better response and a couple more psi

Hmm interesting, looks like i'll be leaving the BOV situation for now until I pull the turbo out.

Anyways pulled my headlights apart yesterday and gave them a well needed polish and painted the chrome inserts, have to say i'm pretty happy with the outcome!

IMG_2879.JPGIMG_2924.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/18/2016 at 11:04 AM, Pearcey said:

Hmm interesting, looks like i'll be leaving the BOV situation for now until I pull the turbo out.

Anyways pulled my headlights apart yesterday and gave them a well needed polish and painted the chrome inserts, have to say i'm pretty happy with the outcome!

IMG_2879.JPGIMG_2924.JPG

Looks good, you baked the headlight?

Hey man as far as removing the turbo. Are you chasing more power? If not I would leave it as is. Mine has been making the whine noise for the 3 years I've had it and the 2 years the previous owner had it. It's still going strong with around 130k on the clock. There's guys pushing 200k and still going on factory turbo. If you are after more power, then get it out of there quick smart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admS15 said:

Hey man as far as removing the turbo. Are you chasing more power? If not I would leave it as is. Mine has been making the whine noise for the 3 years I've had it and the 2 years the previous owner had it. It's still going strong with around 130k on the clock. There's guys pushing 200k and still going on factory turbo. If you are after more power, then get it out of there quick smart.

Yep chasing more power :banana:, plus the dyson noise is starting to drive me nuts. Already spoken to hypergear and i'm pretty keen to get it done now its just a matter of finding the time to pull it and send it off.

28 minutes ago, Pearcey said:

Yep chasing more power :banana:, plus the dyson noise is starting to drive me nuts. Already spoken to hypergear and i'm pretty keen to get it done now its just a matter of finding the time to pull it and send it off.

Didn't Steve tells you about Scotty Customs? Just another option with hi-flow.

5 minutes ago, West said:

Didn't Steve tells you about Scotty Customs? Just another option with hi-flow.

Yeah he did mention something about another bloke doing high flows, is there much difference from the hypergear? 

1 minute ago, Pearcey said:

Yeah he did mention something about another bloke doing high flows, is there much difference from the hypergear? 

I'm not sure as i have never use either services. You can get more information about your Stag on Facebook as well, there are a few of us there, just search M35 Stagea. Most people prefer to answer questions on FB as it's easier for them.

I'm sure i will speak to Scott at Scotty Customs when i get hold of my Stag, need to upgrade the OEM radiator and maybe a few more things when i'm ready.

On 21/09/2016 at 5:08 PM, Pearcey said:

Our Ceramic ball bearing system Vs traidional bush.

Easy installation working with OEM lines and restrictors Vs sump dropping and restrictor drilling.

326awkws vs 309awkws

On 23/09/2016 at 2:51 AM, hypergear said:

Our Ceramic ball bearing system Vs traidional bush.

Easy installation working with OEM lines and restrictors Vs sump dropping and restrictor drilling.

326awkws vs 309awkws

Will hopefully be sending you the turbo next week Tao.