SAU Community

M35 Stagea rear fog install / mph conversion

gazman2

M35 Stagea rear fog install

Hi from the UK!

Firstly thanks for all the great info on this site - if it wasn't for everything here I probably wouldn't have bought a Stagea.

So I've just imported a 350RX Four into the UK and a requirement for our MOT is that there be a rear fog light installed.

Unfortunately while my car does have the cold pack it doesn't have the rear fog conversion in the righthand reverse light.

Has anyone converted this before? Any idea how I could go about this...I've searched high and low but unfortunately there's not a lot of info out there on this!

EDIT: Just thought I'd add I'm also looking to convert the 180 km/h gauge to mph. I've seen a few 350z gauges that look very similar but the rev counter is on the other side? Mine's RPM on left and speed on right. Don't suppose any of you will have changed these anyway but thought I'd ask!

Cheers

Gaz

Edited by gazman2

Thanks for the info guys. Went to get the car MOT'd yesterday and unfortunately it failed on emissions. The guy testing said the car began to overheat during the test so he had to turn it off. He didn't think the fan was running. I immediately got the car running again and temp was fine...no sign of overheat on way to or on the way back from the test.

Reckon it's possible the fan hadn't kicked in before as the car's been sat for months? It's getting retested on Thurs but I'm going to take it for a good run first this time as it'd only done 4 miles to the garage.

The exhaust may also have a minor leak around the flexi hose section on the driver side. Guessing this is a fairly common problem with these cars now given their age? I'd been looking into getting a Fujitsubo exhaust but that only replaces from the centre back correct?

Thanks for the info guys. Went to get the car MOT'd yesterday and unfortunately it failed on emissions. The guy testing said the car began to overheat during the test so he had to turn it off. He didn't think the fan was running. I immediately got the car running again and temp was fine...no sign of overheat on way to or on the way back from the test.

Reckon it's possible the fan hadn't kicked in before as the car's been sat for months? It's getting retested on Thurs but I'm going to take it for a good run first this time as it'd only done 4 miles to the garage.

The exhaust may also have a minor leak around the flexi hose section on the driver side. Guessing this is a fairly common problem with these cars now given their age? I'd been looking into getting a Fujitsubo exhaust but that only replaces from the centre back correct?

Correct. You will also need a front pipe made and that will allow you to delete that plex section if wanted.

That's crazy thin! Nice to see how it sits on the S-tune suspension though. Hoping to get mine on that at some point although think I'll be aiming for 245/45/18 when I get new wheels due to the poor road quality in the UK. I've just stuck brand new tyres (RE002's) on the original 17's so that won't be for too long though.

Lots of plans but for now just need to get the thing road legal and running!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my M35 road worthy - had to have a custom y-pipe section made but I'm not too upset as it's stainless and has a lifetime warranty. Found a great little exhaust place close to me called Cybox that's done some cool 370z exhausts - check their short tail exhausts on youtube. Not planning on going that loud myself but I might get them to fab up some nice dual exhausts to finish off the job at some point!

Edited by gazman2