SAU Community

2001 m35 won't start.

Adriano

2001 m35 won't start.

Drove her from Sydney to Thredbo. Next day she started and idled very low. No response to pushing accelerator. 

Even after getting to operating temp. Won't rev. Now has thrown the engine light. 

Next day. Now she won't start. Either no fuel or no spark. Plus engine light is a worry. 

I'm open to suggestions. 

Don't know if this works on M35 but pull the wire off the ecu temp sensor - it will only take a few seconds to try. If it does nothing put it back ...if it works leave it off til you get a new sensor.

So I got 2 trouble codes. 

Both I believe were due to the unplugging of wires I had already been doing whilst diagnosing. 

I got 

P0120 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Malfunction
P0110 Intake Air Temperature Sensor

cleared them and they haven't returned.

New update.

Car idling but idling low. Around 250rpm. 

Introduce an air leak in the intake manifold and it raises healthily to 500rpm.

pressing the accelerator does nothing at all. 

I cleaned the AFM and throttle body with throttle body cleaner. 

Running quite rich. 

No engine light. 

Yep I read somewhere if you disconnect the throttle module, it will need a relearn..

Anyone know how to perform the three relearn procedures ?

Accelerator pedal, throttle valve and idle ?

Also, is disconnecting the battery a good idea to reset ECU ?

Edited by conan7772
more info

throttle limp mode? . Sounds like you need a new throttle body like Fishingfreak said.

I had the same thing. Wouldn't rev over 1250rpm. Restarting the car multiple times fixed it for a small period. Had the restart the car 5 times to get home. The no start could be the MAF gone at the same time. Try unplugging the MAF and restart the car multiple times until it realizes the MAF is unplugged. MAF limp mode revs to 2200rpm only.

throttle limp mode? . Sounds like you need a new throttle body like Fishingfreak said.

I had the same thing. Wouldn't rev over 1250rpm. Restarting the car multiple times fixed it for a small period. Had the restart the car 5 times to get home. The no start could be the MAF gone at the same time. Try unplugging the MAF and restart the car multiple times until it realizes the MAF is unplugged. MAF limp mode revs to 2200rpm only.

This happened to mine. Had to replace the AFM