SAU Community

M35 vq25det won't crank, no dash lights.

admS15

Went to the shops earlier tonight with the mrs and baby. Did the shopping, came back out tried to start the car, no go. Forf**ksake, No dash lights at all. It's like the immobiliser is on. I bypassed the alarm with the security code, still nothing. I noticed when I initially tried to start the car, the rear wiper randomly came on, it is stuck half way through its stroke. I'm thinking it's shorted and fried something. Interior, exterior lights central locking,alarm and tailgate closer/lock are still working but anything requiring ignition power does not.

Anyway, I got a lift home and came back with tools. Checked all the fuses in the footwell and in the engine bay, also behind the battery, where all good. I also swapped around all the relays one by one trying to hopefully get some power, still no success. I called it a night and left the car at the shops. I also noticed the little black box below the fusebox in the driver's footwell clicking when I was trying to crank. I'm wondering what that unit does and if it could be the source of my issues.

Does anybody have any suggestions of anything I can Check? Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it sound like immobiliser is possibly rooted and causing this.

Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

Josh sounds like he's on the money.

The no dash lights also sounds like wet engine bay fuse box.

Check the space under the battery for water - I lost all dash lights and a bunch of other stuff when that happened to me.

Hey guys, the stag is back in action. Had it towed to Scotty's. Tried a couple different front fuse box units, didn't help. Put it on the scanner and could communicate with the bcm but not the rest of the cars systems. Changed the bcm in the driver's footwell, still no go. At this point heads where being scratched and I went home with my tail between my legs. Today, I couldn't stop thinking about what the problem could be. I googled my arse off and found an installers manual with wiring diagram for the alarm system on supra forums of all places. There was also some info about the internal relays of the immobiliser failing. Armed with this, I went to Scotty's and started pull dash trims out and found the alarm main box, gave it a few love taps and boom, we have power. So, this whole debacle was caused by a dying immobiliser. The stag was not to blame at all. Drove the car home and gave it a nice bath. It seems to be working fine now but I won't be risking a repeat and will have the alarm removed and replaced with something new.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and to Scott for accepting the job on short notice and providing the spares for troubleshooting [emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 3