SAU Community

R33 RB25DET Clutch Identification

R33 RB25DET Clutch Identification

I recently purchased a used Nismo Clutch pack out of an ECR33 Type M.  I got it home and I was very excited but now my excitement is mild concern.  I purchased the clutch out of Japan so all I had to go by was the pictures.  After reviewing lots of photos I decided that the clutch in the photos was the Nismo Sports Clutch kit for the RB25DET.

For reference here is a pic of the Nismo RSR21 Flywheel that I thought I was buying.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-light-weight-flywheel-rb20-rb25-rb26.html

When I looked at the one I bought it doesn't have any of the nismo markings but I figured it may have been resurfaced at one time so I weighed it on my crappy analog bathroom scale which put it around 16lbs.  The Nismo RSR21 flywheel supposedly weighs just a bit over 15lbs so I was in the right area for weight but again this flywheel has no markings that say nismo.  I looked at some factory flywheels and they dont have the conical dish in the center of the flywheel and they tend to have a bunch of balancing divits where this one only has two which is much more commonly found on the lightweight nismo flywheels. 

Pics of flywheel Front

Pic of Flywheel Back

The clutch disk is the only thing with any part number or markings and it says a four number code that ends with N14 on one side and it has the code RCD-205 on the other side.  I thought this was the RB25DET Nismo Sports clutch but a quick search with the number code RCD-205 only brings up results for the SR20DET.

Clutch Side One

Clutch Side 2

To further complicate things it also appears that the pressure plate doesn't have any markings on it either.  I think its the Nismo Pressure plate that comes with the Sport Clutch kit but I have no way to confirm this.

Pressure Plate

Can anyone confirm that these parts are indeed what I think they are or if they are actually factory stock parts for the RB25DET.  I would appreciate it.  Hopefully I have given enough information for someone to make an accurate call.

Thanks in advance,

Alex R.