SAU Community

Is PM35 suspension same as M35?

nagasakihacky

Is PM35 suspension same as M35?

I've got a 2005 350RX and whilst it never handled like a go-kart, over the past year it's turned into a jelly boat - more body roll than the Michelin man and I'm getting wear on both shoulders of the rear tyres. 

Was under it the other day to change belts and brake rotors and it looks like the chassis end bush on the ??compression rod?? is torn on both sides, and the sway bar mount bushes are a bit knackered. I'm thinking it's time to swap the old rubber bushes out for urethane ones, but a bit lost trying to find part numbers. Does anyone know if the suspension is the same as the RWD 2.5L's? 

Are there aftermarket sway bars that would fit? I'm not really keen to lower since I regularly need the ground clearance getting in and out of a couple of driveways, but something needs to be done to reduce the body roll.

BTW, I'm in NZ, but assuming that even if stuff isn't available locally, I should be able to get most stuff shipped across the ditch if necessary - just gotta figure out what to get!

Also have a PM35.
Pretty sure the suspension is the same as the RWD 2.5Ls (which I think are fairly rare...)

Mine was a whale when it first came in, but have since added Nismo swaybars, OX rear brace, Daleo's front brace, and just done the bushes on lower control arms and sway bar mounts.

Handles very well now...  Was even chasing 2 WRXs around corners :D 

Rear is the same - front is different on the NM35 (AWD) which the majority of 2.5L are in AUS & NZ.

Front suspension on the NM35 is shorter to accommodate the driveshaft's.

You should be able to source some good suspension from Japan via YAJ perhaps?

2 hours ago, yuma said:

Does any other Nissan suspension bits fit eg 350z?

Yes mate, as long as you're talking PM35 not PNM35; there are a lot of compatible components in the driveline.

8 minutes ago, nagasakihacky said:

I'm in Auckland, New Zealand, so postage might be the killer, but would still be interested as I looked into bars a while back and couldn't find anything locally. Didn't know there z33 bars fit though

I have sent stuff to NZ; I'm generally able to secure a significant discount, so that might offset postage.

Let me do some research this week.

Capture M35.JPG

• Like 1