SAU Community

Rear subframe bushings please help

marni

Hey guys,

I'm reshelling my R33 after it got written off

Anyway I dropped the rear subframe yesterday, I knew the subframe bushings were gonna be cactus and they sure are.

Anyways I'm thinking I want to go with a hard bushing kit, I like it riding stiff, it's got BC gold coilovers in the rear, I want to do the diff bushings too

Been told GKtech are ok but what do u guys think? I don't want to do this again, because it's taken ages working all this shit out

I think the front end is all Nolathane, don't know how bad they are yet because I haven't dropped the front yet

Any input would be awesome, also is there anything else I should be doin while its out? I'm deleting hicas and just subframe and diff bushings

Didn't realise what I was getting myself in to with this rebuild lol

I would reconsider solid bushes for a street car. Being that it is subframe, I'm sure some decent polyurethene bushes would do the job perfectly and not create as much noise or vibration

If you decide on this, my plan is whiteline subframe bushes. Whiteline have always worked well for me

I was planning to go with nismo ones but haven't really compared prices. .. whenever I balance first gear I get a sound god knows from where but it sounded like the sound came from the rear. .. basically up shift i get that noise. .. down shift not so much ... have yet to really check what is busted ...

Lots of these cars have subframe bush issues by now, they take all the load every time you put power down....which can be often and a lot in a skyline.

If you haven't removed your subframe like OP a better option is to install some alloy locking collars, they slip in between the subframe and chassis and stop the car moving ont he bushes,  They are noiser than standard but if you can put up with that it saves a big job

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Seems bang on to me , g30-900 will make 900 crank on e85(on paper). Deduct ~25% for 98 and you are at 675 crank. Run that to the wheels and fact you are only running 26psi you end up about your number.  People forget how magic E85 is now that just about everyone is running it.   "Back in the day" you had to be north of 30psi on a 850+hp turbo to get 600 at the wheels on 98.   
    • I can believe it if you're getting air into the pickup. Cavitation is tremendously destructive for pumps.
    • I think the pic in the first post is another car, and post 7 is OP's car with standard arms and swaybar swaybar swaybar. I can't tell what brand the silver coilovers are, and even if I could I don't know whether the spring rate is OK, if you can find a brand on the shocks and numbers on the springs that might help. Also, if you can measure the ride height from centre of your wheel to the guard that will help with advice too as handling suffers if ride height is too low
    • sadly, pics no work. that car must have spent a lot of time in a cryo bubble
    • In the first photo you posted, the colour of the control arms are the signature colour for Ikeya. Same for the swaybar, signature colour for Whiteline.  I like Hardrace, they also do hardened rubber bushes if your car is mainly a street car.  I like GKTech as well, but they use a lot of rose joints in their stuff so might not be the best choice for everyone.  The system might have been good back in its day, but it's a prehistoric system now. I suspect that most people have removed the HICAS as they want the car to do what they want to do, not what the car wants to do. From what I also understand, it isn't consistent in it's behaviour on track so it's hard to trust the car/know where its absolute limits are for track use.  Having said that, I think the HICAS eliminator kit was the first thing I installed when I bought my car. I don't personally have any experience with the HICAS system on a race track.