SAU Community

What are these fittings on the clutch cylinder and plenum for (BCNR33)?

What are these fittings on the clutch cylinder and plenum for (BCNR33)?

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your ongoing patience with my questions as I get to know my new car. So, over the weekend I got my first proper chance to work on the car, and whilst doing some stuff in the engine bay (trying to make my breather tank pass rego, but that'll have to wait until I have photos) I noticed a couple of unused fittings. One is on the plenum near the number 6 cylinder (firewall end), and is blanked off, the other is on the clutch cylinder and appears to be just open. Car runs fine, no sign of any leaks. Should I be worried? Are these meant to me hooked up and are important? Sorry if the answer to this is super obvious, I have tried searching both these forums and the web generally but maybe I just didn't try the right search terms. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

Looks like the vacuum line for the clutch booster, those 2 ends connect to each other to provide a vacuum to make the clutch easier to press.

Either been removed because the previous owrner has a left foot made of diamonds or the clutch booster is leaking (most likely).

Grab some hose and hook it up, if it's leaking it will probably hiss and still feel like you're pushing bricks.

Some say that the clutch booster from a patrol will fit but i've found it to be larger than the one found in gtr's, best to get something like this brand new or just live with the heavy clutch.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...