SAU Community

R32 gtr strut bar

GarettH

The fact that there are at least 2 of them in existence might lead you to believe that it could be an off the shelf product.....but the very appearance of the thing makes me think it is totally custom.  Perhaps the same workshop has knocked up more than one.

Just as a critique of the brace itself.....The triangulation to the firewall is of course a good thing and you can buy at least one Jap made bar that does the same.  The detail of the connection to the front and rear bolts of the suspension towers appears to be a bit, um, dumb.  It is probably actually strong enough.  It just doesn't look like it.  I think it has been made to look "serious", when in reality the short bars that go to the rear holes would probably have been much better if they had been done some other way*.

*There's a number of other ways they could be done, but I can't be bothered running through them all in my head to eliminate the ones that are no better than the above.  Obvious examples are the conventional flat plate ring around the top of the tower, better triangulation. etc.