SAU Community

Mohsen finally bought a GTR.

Mohsen

Mohsen finally bought a GTR.

So, as some of you know, I had built a pretty stout little r32 sedan, that had been riddled with problems, four years in, The veneer had worn off, and I had kind of lost the will to continue with it, I had toyed with the idea of putting it away for a while, to put it short, I grew to hate it.

a few weeks ago, while searching for some parts to buy before the Americans made them insanely expensive, and stripping mine down to store etc, I had come across an R32 GTR shell, most of it was there, but it had a pretty serious front hit.

a bit of chit chat with the owner and I now own a TH1 dark blue pearl R32 GTR

I freighted the old girl from Brisbane and here she is! 

The damagage is quite severe, but I have the running gear and all the repair parts needed so it was a no brainer!

more soon!

IMG_6597.JPG

IMG_6598.JPG

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, PranK said:

Hell yes! I love to see a car saved from destruction! Well done! 

What's the rough plan for it? 

rough plan is basically to repair the crash damage and a little rust in the driver side rocker. its had that side repaired before, albeit quite badly so will be copping a whole new driver side chassis rail/ skirt assembly, radiator support and rocker panel.
lucky i found someone willing to chop up a wreck they had!
ill be transferring all the front end parts from my sedan, as well as the motor.
it sucks but had to sacrifice one to finish the other.

25 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Another blue r32 gtr :thumbsup: 

i had actually never seen a TH1 R32 GTR in real life, so couldnt bring myself to cut this one up.
especially after i found out they built about 1100 of them

• Like 1

8 hours ago, s2d4 said:

You know I have everything you need, I actually wouldn't mind your shell by the way.

Haha would have been a logistical nightmare. You already hve too many! :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2016 at 8:19 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Oh mang you changed your alias LOL... I would have preferred to read "arab bought a GTR" lolololoo.

haha had to go back to the OG name

On 9/30/2016 at 8:33 PM, -Jimmy- said:

Congrats Moh :)

On 10/1/2016 at 7:56 AM, gts25 said:

well done mate, i had a four door for 13 years then moved onto a GTR. You wont regret it!

thanks guys :)

not too many updates as im off to vegas on the 28th for my mates bucks as well as Sema!
this one is going to be a very slow build compared to the sedan, its been 4 long years and i think patience develops with age so i strangely have no issues spending a couple years, if not more.

was at home sick for the past week so got bored and did some poking around, discovered the cars had a very very bad repair along the entire drivers side which led to rust under the boot water channel and a spot bubbling through one of the sills. pulled the carpets back and found nothing on the inside so bit of relief there.

will pop off the skirts today and get a better look.

• 2 weeks later...

ohhh th1........ get more photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering what was going on when i saw the FS of your 4D32. That thing was noice. Saw it at WTAC a couple of years ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still alive!

sema was amazing, vegas is life. 

Interesting trip, involved lots of strippers and partying, as well as one of the boys being detained and questioned at the airport lol.

anyway, thanks for the kind words boys, the sedan has moved on and has already changed hands twice. The curse lives on.

progress has been slow, trying to get on top of the money side of things after such an epic trip.

i did manage to strip the interior and part of the bay. Plenty more stripping to do before I send her off for the repairs and start organising new parts! 

Managed to shatter the quarter window while getting it out, no stress though, sourcing new ones along with a bunch of other parts.

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7206.JPG

SO, slow day at work today so that gave me some time to make up a list of parts i will require in the near future.
while most are discontinued, i have found a source that sells new old stock!
window mouds- front rear and side
upper door moulds
quarter windows
front indicators
straight front guards with no indicator cut outs
grille
new cooler mesh
boot carpets

also require a full interior! so if anyone has a GTST front cut with the interior etc still in, ill take it!

• 4 months later...

sorry for the huge delays in between posts guys,
im taking a shot at this adult thing, and have purchased a whole different kind of block.
that said, progress will be even slower but in the few months passed, the following has happened
GTR engine bay completely stripped in preparation for repair.
body stripped in preparation for body and rust repairs as well as some nice fresh paint- will be a windows out job, using PPG and Glasurit clear.
the rust is in some really shit areas, partly due to really shit repairs at some point, everything that wasnt accesible with a mig looks to have been cavity waxed :down:
GTR front seats purchased- driver is in the stagea so i can get that GTR feeling haha.
cam covers etc repainted in a candy red over silver base.
purchased an entire R32 GTS4 shell which has now been liberated of its front end and subframe to repair the bent GTR bits (always hurts to chop up a SEDAN shell)
also surprised mum with a new car for her birthday! a new "Nsport" Autech X trail ST-L, had to pick the nice BL0ish looking colour too haha!
slow going but im hoping itll be making some noise later this year!

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7449.JPG

IMG_7451.JPG

IMG_7869.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8380.JPG

IMG_8438.JPG

IMG_8445.JPG

IMG_8453.JPG

• Like 1

interiortest.ziptwo updates in a week?! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

grabbed some Dupli-color matte black vinyl and fabric paint and tested some interior pieces.
i have always HATED nissans factory overhead accessories and roof liners, so while everythings accessible, i thought i may as well have a crack at them!
gave them a scuff with a fine scotch brite pad and cleaned them up with prepsol.dusted on the first and second coats and then went heavy with the final coat.

sun visor feels a bit hard and crusty, but i think a bit of shampoo and warm water will fix that.

has anyone found a way to rejuvinate the clear plastics?

IMG_8501.JPG

IMG_8502.JPG

IMG_8503.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG

IMG_8508.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...