SAU Community

VH41DET r32

Brownie586

VH41DET r32

Hi,

I've spent the afternoon searching the forums for info on a vh 41 conversion into an r32.

I've found lots of topics on people doing it in racecars, or people talking about doing it but never posting the finished product.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done it in a street car and if there are  any businesses experienced in doing it? It's something i'm very interested in but the quotes i've gotten locally are insane because no one has done it before.

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

There's a few around and its pretty straightforward - the bell housings are available over here and no doubt in Aus as well. If you're going to pay someone to do it it will cost an arm and a leg. But why bother? An RB30 makes much more sense..

This is an R33 but its much the same:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1163792991.htm

and this is an R32 but  VK56

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1166480588.htm

• Like 2

Search through the N/A section.  There's a VH45 conversion owned/run by Captain Natro, who (I think) is maybe from the Toowoomba area also.

If it had to be a Nissan V8, go VK56.  Cubes count.

On that front, go LS.  7 litres of goodness.

If you want to keep sanity, as per Bob's suggestion go RB30DET.

1 hour ago, Malek41 said:

Search up mcmtv2 on YouTube and they do a vh41 swap in a stagea. Very very detailed so hopefully that should help

Complete with turbo - a great job but they are not willing to put a dollar amount on it - would probably be north of $100,000! - although AWD added to the complexity.

Here's the video - there's  about 12 episodes I think:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Search through the N/A section.  There's a VH45 conversion owned/run by Captain Natro, who (I think) is maybe from the Toowoomba area also.

Only issue is I want it turbo and engineered all I have to keep low capacity. 

11 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Complete with turbo - a great job but they are not willing to put a dollar amount on it - would probably be north of $100,000! - although AWD added to the complexity.

Here's the video - there's  about 12 episodes I think:

Yeah I've watched all of them but I figured that rwd would have to be much more straightforward. 

13 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

I just had a look at captain natro, he is in Toowoomba, I know how car. Pretty sure it's got an ls though. 

OK, let me put it another way.  You want more cubes.  VH41 is old old old tech, common era with RBs pretty much.  VQ is the new hotness.  Provides most of the "more cubes" you could get from the VH but with a whole lot more modernity, more compact dimensions, ease of making exhaust manifolds and turbo locations and blah blah blah.  Lovely 6 speed gearbags available.