SAU Community

HELP!!! My OS88 Leaking oil and stalls when selecting 1st gear

Hey guys,

Really hoping someone has some insight for me. I recently had my R32 GTR serviced. Previously my os88 was running Os Giken LSD oil 80W-250 (I know, crazy thick). The previous owner had been using this in the box for 4 years and never had an issue, I also have not had an issue whilst owning it for the past 6 months. However after a few people's suggestions to use the "correct"oil...I changed it to the OS Giken Dogmeister oil 75W-140.

Since then I have a significant oil leak from the box and every time I select 1st gear the car stalls. The shop told me they put 2.2L in it...I was previously told it only needs 1.8L and thought maybe it's been overfilled and spitting it out. I jacked it up and seems to be leaking from the breather hose but there's oil everywhere so it's hard to pin point.

When the car is cold, I can select 1st gear, once it warms (the box) it will stall as soon as I engage 1st unless I keep the revs up and select it. Once I do this I can cycle through the gears and the car drives completely fine...until I come to a stop, select N then 1st again and it stalls (unless I keep revs up)

Does anyone have an insight or idea what could be going on? I understand the clutch might not be engaging or have an issue but as I said, it all ran perfectly before the gearbox oil change, its baffled me???

Dunno, but if I took my car to a shop to get an oil change, and then got it back and it didn't drive right, I'd take it back and tell them to fix it.
They might have put too much oil so it's pouring out of the breather, then maybe there's a clutch engagement issue? I obviously never driven a sequential, let alone an OS88, so I can't say.

Those are my guesses, good luck!

Dunno, but if I took my car to a shop to get an oil change, and then got it back and it didn't drive right, I'd take it back and tell them to fix it.
They might have put too much oil so it's pouring out of the breather, then maybe there's a clutch engagement issue? I obviously never driven a sequential, let alone an OS88, so I can't say.
Those are my guesses, good luck!

Im very happy with everything else the shop did. In regards to the oil, we changed the grade and wondering if anyone has insight if this could be the cause. Thanks anyway

Yes it does over flow happens to me, so I made an overflow tank.

also have a look at the clutch slave hoses and make sure there not twisted or kinked.

overflow tank is top left, old plastic bottle did the trick for abit ?

IMG_2327.JPG

Edited by QUP29

The car hasn't had a leak in 4 years, this all started since I changed the grade of oil to the thinner "supposedly correct" grade for the os88. The fact that it doesn't stall when selecting first when cold says it's ok when the oil is thicker. The new oil is thinner and perhaps when it warms up and thins out, it stalls when engaging first. Trying to work out whether the previous thicker oil was actually better or if something is wrong with my clutch.
What could be wrong with the clutch for this to happen only when the car warms up and the act that it drives absolutely perfectly once I keep revs up and select 1st. I have no issue driving the car and selecting gears after that. Only 1st gear is the issue