SAU Community

Impreza Wagon install advice

Hemimad

Impreza Wagon install advice

Hi

I'm new to here. Hoping to get some good advice. My little Bro just bought his first car 2006 Impreza Wagon. Its been a while since I played with car sound systems. He wants good quality sound but no visible signs that a good system has been installed.(Except for HU) Amp and sub under seat door speakers. I am thinking of a Pioneer dvd head unit. I was thinking of using Focal Speakers but not sure. looking at spending around 3k.

12 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Even installed, $3k is a heap to spend.

I'm doing the install Myself wiring is no problem. 1k for HU the rest for Amp and speakers. Quality sound is the goal. There's so many brands these days.

The front door speakers may require adaptors (pretty easy to make). But apart from that, the amount you're spending, you shouldn't have any issues with quality. Just remember to sound deaden and insulate the car.

But depending on your area of residence, I'd think twice about spending that much on audio lol. Just make sure you get very good (heavy) front speakers.

Can't really go wrong with Focal (I think the factory sub can be replaced with a Focal one with minimal mods, or maybe that's a Liberty thing).

8 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

The front door speakers may require adaptors (pretty easy to make). But apart from that, the amount you're spending, you shouldn't have any issues with quality. Just remember to sound deaden and insulate the car.

But depending on your area of residence, I'd think twice about spending that much on audio lol. Just make sure you get very good (heavy) front speakers.

Can't really go wrong with Focal (I think the factory sub can be replaced with a Focal one with minimal mods, or maybe that's a Liberty thing).

Cheers for the reply I was going to dynamat  the doors and seal them. Should I do it anywhere else.