SAU Community

Skyline GTR R33 with 7000km for future sale, price suggestions?

Skyline GTR R33 with 7000km for future sale, price suggestions?

Hello everyone. This post is in regards to a 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R BCNR33 Manual 4WD, which I hope to sell to the top bidder.

The brief backstory:  My father was a car lover, he purchased this R33 and barely ever drove it because he wanted to keep it in immaculate condition. It was his toy he would admire from the garage.  My father died 6 years ago and the family has held onto the car, but now we are ready to sell it. It has 7255km on the clock and is in perfect condition, barely driven, never raced, never modified. Always stored in a garage with a car cover over it.   It currently is garaged in Melbourne and the rego has been renewed about a week ago. It is roadworthy and working, obviously.

I would make a post in the 'for sale' section of the forums, but I genuinely have no idea what its worth. I have been offered $40,000 about 3 months ago, after I made a post on this forum in the 'for sale' section, which was taken down (again, as I didn't quote a price).  I am now posting it again, ready to sell, with pictures to the highest bidder. A car enthusiast once told me it may go as high as $70,000 as it is show ready? Who knows. I am posting here to find out.

I am welcoming any offers via private message. If you have more questions about the car, please post them here as a reply to the thread, so that I can post the answers and save myself repeating the same questions to others.

Please find attached a few photos. I have more if you desire a photo of a certain section of the car.20161019_161853.jpg

20161019_161935.jpg

20161019_162314.jpg

20161019_162252.jpg

20161019_162329.jpg

20161019_162553.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

kms.jpg

20161019_162525.jpg

20161019_162556.jpg

• Like 2

Its worth more than $40K in todays market.

This one sold for 4.5 million Yen

http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=lHuSqwfNJuJYbsn

This one sold for 3.6 Million Yen

http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=6UEmtMLqcW4ixn

That's $75K and $62K respectively, landed, complied and registered.

That's your current yardstick.

Beautiful car, good luck with the sale.

Bob.

• Like 3

This 10,000km R34 sold for 7,050,000 JPY.

http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=lHWYgeH5dNAs8Nm

That's over $120K........ Landed/Complied and Registered.

Good luck finding an R34 with less than 10,000 kms for $70K.

That boat sailed a long time ago.

• Like 3

those above cars are no doubt going to countries other then Australia though. I understand the price of GTR's has sky rocketed but to use cars going to other countries with far better exchange rates to the yen isn't really relative to something selling locally.

• Like 3

Unfortunately everything in Australia is affected by the exchange rate at the time.

If Skylines were locally built cars in mass volumes then yes, it matters little but the overseas prices are the reality.

There are 11 R34 GT-R's for sale on Carsales/Carpoint and the cheapest is $70,000.18 months ago, they were in the mid $40K's.......

There are also 11 R33 GT-R's for sale and only two are under $30K.

Of the 14 R32 GT-R's for sale (barring a couple of junkers) they pretty much start at $26K.

To say our prices are not effected by what goes on overseas simply doesn't stack up with what is going on in the marketplace.

Have a look at 1984-1989 air-cooled Porsches, 18 months ago you could get the best one in the country for $65K.

The same car today is $135-$150K......... Collector cars are bought by collectors, not enthusiasts.

Take your pick....... http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/classics.htm

• Like 4

1 minute ago, r32-25t said:

Sweet, I picked it from the build number. Am trying to keep a close eye on the market for them at the moment 

They are just at that transitional stage.

Almost "no man's land".... Too old for a daily but not old enough to be a classic.

In 6-7 years time they will be very collectable. Good value at the moment.

Unfortunately everything in Australia is affected by the exchange rate at the time.
If Skylines were locally built cars in mass volumes then yes, it matters little but the overseas prices are the reality.
There are 11 R34 GT-R's for sale on Carsales/Carpoint and the cheapest is $70,000.18 months ago, they were in the mid $40K's.......
There are also 11 R33 GT-R's for sale and only two are under $30K.
Of the 14 R32 GT-R's for sale (barring a couple of junkers) they pretty much start at $26K.
To say our prices are not effected by what goes on overseas simply doesn't stack up with what is going on in the marketplace.
Have a look at 1984-1989 air-cooled Porsches, 18 months ago you could get the best one in the country for $65K.
The same car today is $135-$150K......... Collector cars are bought by collectors, not enthusiasts.
Take your pick....... http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/classics.htm

He never said it doesn't have an affect on aus. What he said was, other countries can spend more because their exchange rate is better.

It is a known fact that more people like the 34 more because boy racer and they are 2fast2furious.

You need a REAL collector to buy this at anything near the asking price.

41 minutes ago, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

They are just at that transitional stage.

Almost "no man's land".... Too old for a daily but not old enough to be a classic.

In 6-7 years time they will be very collectable. Good value at the moment.

Agree, I have decided to either let the sti or the gtr go and am currently torn about which one