SAU Community

R34 wont start after swap :(

Hello everyone,

Got a problem that made me pull my hear out, i literally searched whole internet didnt find anything that could help me. So here's what happened: after swaping rb25det neo into my r34, the engine could start just great, after removing the old ECU (rb25de neo) and installing rb25det neo ECU the engine wouldnt start, the starter was rotating it but the fuel didnt go. Checked every fuse and relay all worked perfect.

We put back old ECU but it didnt start even after that. Checked fuel pump wires and electricity was not going there. after rewiring ecu wires and forcing to let the fuel pump work, engine still didnt start not on rb25de neo ECU, nor on turbo ECU.

Please someone help me figure out what the hell wrong there :((((((

I suggest you take a very close look at the ECU harness connector. (Not the pins on the ECU). If all the pins look ok from the front of the connector then look at the rear end of the connector where the wires come into the connector. You are looking for wires that may have been pushed back too far out of the connector. They would be sticking back further than others.

If you see nothing unusual in the connector then look at the ECU pins on the ECU itself. 

If all ok again then do basic checks for Injectors firing, Fuel pump going. Spark at the spark plug. Also check that fuel hoses are around the right way by disconnecting the pipe from the filter outlet and catching the fuel in a can while someone cranks the engine for a few seconds.

Michael.