SAU Community

Rb30 vct feed

fikemoo

Hi guys sorry to ask about this as I thought I had all the information needed about the rb25 head on a rb30 block but I stumbled across a thread on here where somebody stated that you had to restrict the new external feed for the oil. is this true? As I don't see why as the oil going through the solenoid is restricted by the solenoid itself because of the holes it feeds through. And the rb30 doch does not meti9n anything about a restrictor in the vct feed. I know about restrictor in the block for the head feeds but not the vct.

Any comments would be great

Ok thankyou for the replay mate. My next question is I'm running the solenoid externally due to using a rb26 intake manifold. my pressure feed I'll run an3 to the solenoid. Would I still run an3 from the solenoid to the cam?

I've attached this photo of a guy who did it in America but from the looks of it he used a larger line from the solenoid whether that is correct I don't know.

Sorry I know the picture is pants quality

0460c317439579931c72b42775490d44.jpg

Thankyou for the reply mate again very useful. I had a look and it seems I have done the same concept that they have used:

de9b9d584db3632173aef4ae51769439.jpg

Now what I'm a slightly confused about is I believed that specific oil gallery in the rb25 block and head didn't just feed the vct. Hence why people tap into the head on a rb30 conversion so to oil back in to that gallery.

Where using my own (or forged performances setup) you can see you have to reproduce a male version of the solenoid:

5dec4da36a3e0213b2f1bb834b961dd1.jpg

And as you can see it only send oils straight to the cam to advance/retard the cam it bypasses the gallery and the chamber the oil gallery feeds so if that did feed anything else it would no longer have oil

• 4 months later...

After doing some research it appears it does feed the front cam lobe so this kit doesn't create a feed for the lobe if you were building a rb30. It's more designed for people using a rb26 intake on a rb25

• 1 year later...