SAU Community

Sales demand for the V36?

Sales demand for the V36?

Hi guys,

Is it just me or is there no demand for these cars atm? I have been trying to sell my car for a few months now and no bites. I have my V36 on carsales for 21,999 (80,000km) and I havent had a genuine hit yet. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-2008/SSE-AD-4066508/?gts=SSE-AD-4066508&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-4066508&rankingType=Spotlight

What am i missing here?!

Anyone having the same issue with selling?

Yes, the car market is beyond awful at the moment. There is a silver Type S with 98k on the clock for $18,500 that has been sitting around for ages, a white SP with 125k for $17,500 and a charcoal Type P with 99k for $18,900. Seems you are a tad above market price, but not far off - your kms are better though, obviously. Just hang out for the right price/buyer if you can wait, otherwise you have to drop your price. Sucks, but that is life. I am dreading selling my black V35, given the low prices of V36s :(

My advice also is to give yours a better (or professional) polish and take some better photos - your Carsales ad makes the paintwork look pretty rough to be honest - especially on the bonnet. Does it have Akebono brakes? A pic of them will help sell it too. And as much as I quite like the Hiros (I assume that is what those wheels are), if you have the stock wheels chuck them on and sell the Hiros separately - they add no value.

Thanks for the advice Nightcrawler.        

It's such a shame that these cars aren't holding their value better. Amazing cars and it's a steal at under $20k

The 2012's are starting to be imported and listed at low 20k's too....

The 2010MY newer is unfortuately a significant jump forward in interior and exterior finessing and so will also push down the values of the older V36's.

Edited by nickcorr