SAU Community

Quiet twin plate? Cusco Copper

Anti

I'm wondering if anyone has had road experience with the above clutch.  I'm trying to work out if there is a multi plate clutch that doesn't rattle like hell.

http://www.cuscousainc.com/products/drive-train/twin-plate-clutch-system-358.html

Reportedly they are made by Exedy for Cusco.  It's hard to confirm whether the "strap drive" is unique to Cusco or if it's even worth writing home about.

Any feedback?

- A

Edited by Anti

19 hours ago, Anti said:

None yet.  But when it's all together (with a non slipping clutch), enough that lots of switched on people have told me a single won't cope.

Ok, so are you going to have a built motor, and make something over say 350awkw?

7 hours ago, Anti said:

Even with the clutch in?

Exeddy with approximately 50% wear, very sight rattle when cold, gone before get to the first turn after reversing out of the driveway. I guess technically that means it does rattle, but realistically you don't notice it nor really take head, its not a reason on its own not to have one, of that brand at least.
My mates nismo: none that i can remember, but i'll ask the owner as he'd know his car better.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, more than 350kw.  I'm trying to keep this thread clean so it can be a reference to anyone else that comes aross it - just wondering about quiet twin plates.

That's interesting about the Exedy.  It seems to depend who you ask... and one or two people say the noise cuts down a lot when you wear it down, which makes some sense logically.  Everyone seems to rag on OS though, haha