SAU Community

fj20det vs rb20det

i have a rb20det forged pistons, storoked to 2.2l, balanced& blueprinted, FMIC, S-AFC, POD , Full exhaust system, full pump,malpassi rising rate fuel reg , 2 way lsdrunning 1 bar, 5 spd short manual raced a APPARENT stock Fj20det in a beaten up bluebird which has FMIC, Microtec and running 1 bar as well HOW is it possible to loose by two cars on a rolling start when everything is on my side? and no i aient shit **** driver so dont start?

any ideas??????

debate with mates bout Rb20 vs Fj20

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i own a FJ20 bluey with a microtech MT8 front mount 3" mandrel exhaust 11 pounds boost and have raced (and won) against R32's, R33's (not GTR's), 5.7's new falcon turbos and plenty more!

never under rate an FJ!! or a bluey for that matter...

yeh it is lighter but no chance that is just wat he is saying tho ey? cause dont 4get forged pistons, extra .2ltr, engine balancing that should account i suppose! and yes the forgeys were put in cause b4 the rebuild it neva came close to breaking traction in thirds n now too easy so they must have

what turbo are you running?

the bluebird would have about 350-400kg less lard than your skyline

no doubt the bluey would have a 3" mandrel system, no cat...and the fact that a stock FJ20 with a decent tune and 1bar would make ~170rwkw, what does your skyline make??

then the fact my 164rwkw SR20 bluebird ran a 13.43sec 1/4 with an open diff and bobjane all rounders, the first time ive ever been drag racing......

well iam running standard t28 and APPARENTLY so is he

no dynotune 4 me yet but just look at my mods mayb mine is just outta tune badly but thats my first lost since rebuild! thats y i am shocked. but da thing is usually third gear i pull away from most cars, cause wit the forgeys i can take it out to 8 and still making pulling power rather than 7 originally!

but is dda fj better than Rb

there is your problem, if thats a R32 t28 then its only good for 160rwkw....forged pistons do nothing for power (or very little), they are just able to withstand higher HP...revving it any harder isnt do much as your turbo is too small, would just be dropping off in boost

FJ vs RB20....it depends on who you ask.....but id take a FJ anyday ;)

okay thas a fair enough argument but if the rebuild has done nothing as per turbo not being change y does the car kick widly in 1st and second and chirp into thirds because it never seemed to do that on the standard engine so i disagreeon it not effecting power but the dyno graph should tell all after new turbo is bolted up early next yr!

I can't believe you would be stupid enough to race your car, after a rebuild might I add, and not have it dyno tuned. Too much money I think, or not enough brains?

I too would take the FJ20!

were you running the same boost, IC, exhaust before the rebuild??

the balancing and the increased capacity will be the most part of the power increase...

the extra cubes would bring the boost threshold lower in the rev range...meaning it would have better torque down low, hence the wheelspin city in 1st/2nd ;)

I can't believe you would be stupid enough to race your car, after a rebuild might I add, and not have it dyno tuned.  Too much money I think, or not enough brains?

I too would take the FJ20!

too much money pppfftt i wish!!

the car is all i got mate, so nah!

stupid enough to race after rebuild ummm its well and truly outta running in period thanks u neva asked that as if i would run straight after rebuild! its been a few month now since rebuild n there is no point dyno tunning it as it is not pinging or nething whilst running and cause i DONT have enough money i cant afford to tune B4 new turbo and after new turbo goes on so i will save up till after!!!! :flamed:

were you running the same boost, IC, exhaust before the rebuild??

the balancing and the increased capacity will be the most part of the power increase...

the extra cubes would bring the boost threshold lower in the rev range...meaning it would have better torque down low, hence the wheelspin city in 1st/2nd ;)

all same as b4 yeh! thats y havned really worried wit the dyno but back to the orginal thread is:

with my mods verses his apparent mods could i loose ( haha well i did) but should i loose.... the thing is i dont beleive that bb has wat i have been told??

mmmmhhhh ur cubes theory and balancing theory very intresting

i will recap suppossed facts FJ20, microtec, no tuned, FMIC,1bar, pod, exhaust prob basic mods VS rb22, safc , stroked, forged, balanced, FMIC,pod,exhaust,1bar, f/pump fuel reg.......... my point being i think he had more than what i was lead to beleive or is microtec n b/bird that great?????

all same as b4 yeh! thats y havned really worried wit the dyno but back to the orginal thread is:

with my mods verses his apparent mods could i loose ( haha well i did) but should i loose.... the thing is i dont beleive that bb has wat i have been told??

mmmmhhhh ur cubes theory and balancing theory very intresting

i will recap suppossed facts FJ20, microtec, no tuned, FMIC,1bar, pod, exhaust prob basic mods VS rb22, safc , stroked, forged, balanced, FMIC,pod,exhaust,1bar, f/pump fuel reg.......... my point being i think he had more than what i was lead to beleive or is microtec n b/bird that great?????

believe all you want....id still put my money on the 'bird.....

just because you have spent more money doesnt mean you go faster..... :D

turbo bluebirds are all go and no show ;)