SAU Community

fj20det vs rb20det

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fjs r good motors and respond realy well 2 mods, a mate has a ra40 celica with a fj20det its a stock engine with ems,fmi,3",t04 on 10psi and made 310 rwhp no shit, its ran a low 13,

i own a z18et bluebird and a rb30e(soon et ) r31, as much as i like the skyline people expect them 2b fast but if u want 2piss people off beat them in a bluey :flamed:

up the bluey

p.s. this is pro910 logged in as hr31_rb20det

History of the FJ20.

Nissan were on the verge of greenlighting an F1 campaign in the early 80's, when F1 was small displacement engines running ridiculous boost levels. The FJ20 started life as the FJ15, and was designed to cope with power levels approaching 1000bhp, not bad for a 1.5 litre four.

Nissan pulled out at the last minute, and with millions of $$ R&D invested in the programme

(and tooling), stretched the capacity to two litres & fitted them to DR30 Skylines.

So the FJ20 is one VERY serious motor. Yes the SR20 is lighter, but serious horsepower freaks know that the FJ is tha shizzle.

Anyone remember Jeff Watsons FJ20 drag Sprite ?

for starters weight does play a large part in any forward motion regardless, if you have two cars with the same rough power output but 200Kg weight difference whos going to be faster, everyone knows the difference between just them in there car and when your mates are there too, the only true way to see which is better is in a controled enviroment.

EVL032 bad luck mate!!

nothing wrong with both motors, each to there own, also there are a few fj24det's out there.

I've been in a Gemini that cost about $5000 all up, only has 198hp at the wheels, and would munch a Skyline any day of the week!

thats nice, but as i said you put 4 mates in the same gemi and see how well it goes.... my skyline weighs in around 1150KG with the rb20det in it you put it next to a r32 with the same mods and mine will be in front!

at the end of the day the post i started will finally be resovlved with the fj20 i raced getting a dyno today so i will see what he had! i will get mine onced the T3/T4e goes on n we see how the Rb20 pans out once the turbo is on i think the forges will help me run higher boost safl;y so y he beat me in the FJ yes my car is reliable so iam happy!!!!!

sorry boys but it proves my point that i was right cause a mate with an FJ made 157rwkw and this guy with a microtec exhaust n FMIC makes 180rwkw.

thats one to me see it has more than he was saying yeh sorry thats just me boasting that i was right me = happy now

MERRY XMAS ALL

no iam not actually i would rather the RB20det. parts r easyer to obtain....BUT if u actually read the original post u would see that we were arging wheather it was just a FJ20 with microtec, xhaust, FMIC now at 180RWKW that proves i was right no way is that an FJ20 with only those mods.....sooo yes i was right

no iam not actually i would rather the RB20det. parts r easyer to obtain....BUT if u actually read the original post u would see that we were arging wheather it was just a FJ20 with microtec, xhaust, FMIC now at 180RWKW that proves i was right no way is that an  FJ20 with only those mods.....sooo yes i was right

can any1 confirm that a stock fj motor with 15psi , microtech, fmic, exhaust, air intake. can make 180rwkw?!

no iam not actually i would rather the RB20det. parts r easyer to obtain....BUT if u actually read the original post u would see that we were arging wheather it was just a FJ20 with microtec, xhaust, FMIC now at 180RWKW that proves i was right no way is that an  FJ20 with only those mods.....sooo yes i was right

Right first is first...NOE is not that way to spell KNOW or NO.....

An FJ20 with those mods will make that sorta power, the biggest power restictor on an FJ is the standard ECU/airflow meter....180rwkw is not outta veiw of an FJ with those mods