SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

Everything is easy to get complianced - Air filter, Exhaust, Front Mount Cooler - all need to be removed and placed with factory ones.

Only problem is the stupid sunroof. This guy must have been on drugs for removing the sunroof and placing it with carbon fibre. His aim was to make the car lighter. Yet he hasnt got a carbon fibre bonnet. I will need to find/loan a sunroof for compliance i guess.

Its gonna be interesting.

Everything is easy to get complianced - Air filter, Exhaust, Front Mount Cooler - all need to be removed and placed with factory ones.

And suspension, wheels, carpet, steering wheel, seats, rear wing for high mount stop light, front indicators/front bar and the list goes on, then you have to hope it isnt an accident repair car,

Who ever said that it will be complianced I will hold them to that one.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/Download/PDF/RAW...uide%20July.pdf

suspension, its adjustable, just need to raise it to legal height, steering wheel - can borrow one no problems, rear wing - i might just remove the whole boot and borrow a boot with standard wing. front indicators and bar - might just borrow a front bar as well : ). Its a fair bit of work, but i have 1 year to comply the car to Aust. standards, so hopefully all in good time : )

Actually, i purchased the car directly myself. I knew what i was getting myself into. I personally dont see it as much of a problem. Borrowing a front bar, boot, indicator and raising suspension are all minor work. Removing intercooler replacing with factory one, might be a bit of a headache, but still think its not that severe.

The only problem is the Sunroof. I would need to source one from a wrecked skyline. But how many wrecked skylines have sunroofs !!!!

Allblitz - it will take a lot of time and money to get that car complied LEGALLY. Its not a simple matter of putting the coilovers to the standard height, the car needs to be 100% standard.

Looking at the pictures, it needs: Rims, Steering Wheel, Seats, Wing, Exhaust, Intercooler, Carpet, Suspension all put back to standard to begin with.

Good Luck

Allblitz - it will take a lot of time and money to get that car complied LEGALLY.  Its not a simple matter of putting the coilovers to the standard height, the car needs to be 100% standard.

Looking at the pictures, it needs: Rims, Steering Wheel, Seats, Wing, Exhaust, Intercooler, Carpet, Suspension all put back to standard to begin with.

Good Luck

Thank you boj01 some one else belives me how hard it is to comply a modded car under RAWs, I would like to know who is complying it.

Allblitz - it will take a lot of time and money to get that car complied LEGALLY.  Its not a simple matter of putting the coilovers to the standard height, the car needs to be 100% standard.

Good Luck

Thank you boj01 some one else belives me how hard it is to comply a modded carunder RAWA, I would like to know who is complying it.

boj01: unless its an 89 model, at which point compliance will be a cake walk.

except that it's not an 89 model. it's an R33 GTST.

appart from the complaince issues the car looks nice. realy like the colour. don't know about that FMIC install though... they seem to like cable ties.

Good Luck

I have complied 4 cars in the past 2 weeks, all with similar issues - suspension, wheels, exhaust, guages, air filter, blow off valve etc.

In regards to the coilovers - its ok, as long as its the standard height. (thats what i have been told anyway).

I have a set of standard R33 wheels, airbox, exhaust so that parts taken care of.

As i said earlier, only issue i can see is the Sunroof.

This is my car coming soon from Japan. Not as great as all the GTR's i'm seeing in this thread but I did the best with the money I had. Just a question on the picture of the rear end, does that rear bumper look a bit suss, just doesn't look right to me. The rear bumper seems to sit a bit higher than the right rear quarter panel behind the wheel.