SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

Here's a little thread for us guys that have just been through imorting a skyline from Japan. A chance for us to post up some of the first pics from when it's still fresh from Japan. before all the madness of fixing/modifying begins :rofl:

Ok, I'll start (NOTE: please don't judge too harshly, car has not been washed yet :Oops: )

GTR front:

3621DSC00167small_np.JPG

passenger side quarter view:

3621DSC00166_np_small.JPG

engine bay:

3621DSC00210-med.JPG

now some pics of the GTR whith it's friend. My UZZ32 Soarer

3621DSC00193small_np.JPG

their rear ends:

3621DSC00198_small_np.JPG

looking forward to seeing some more pics from the importing forum regulars :P

why do alot of ppl take of the jap rego stickers, i reckon that is what separates us from the "crowd" makes our cars even more unique! i know i am leaving mine on, it aint no "AUSSIFIED" car, pure import :rofl:

why do alot of ppl take of the jap rego stickers, i reckon that is what separates us from the "crowd" makes our cars even more unique! i know i am leaving mine on, it aint no "AUSSIFIED" car, pure import :rofl:

I have some jap stickers on my windscreen. What do the one's your talking about look like?

I think mainly people take them off because it's illegal to leave them on. Mine still has the Jap rego sticker and Shaken sticker.

The Soarers ones have been removed.

silver, grill not wonky, just the pic :P

I'll type up the mods list when I have a few mins.

umm, because I plan to drive it in nsw?

Seriously though the reason it has plates is because I just got it registered yesterday. those shots were taken about 2 hours after I went to the workshop, put my plates on and drove it home.

umm, because I plan to drive it in nsw?  

Seriously though the reason it has plates is because I just got it registered yesterday. those shots were taken about 2 hours after I went to the workshop, put my plates on and drove it home.

it took you 2 hours to get the car complied and registered off the boat? :)

you sirry birry! :)

I said:

"those shots were taken about 2 hours after I went to the workshop, put my plates on and drove it home."

It came off the boat in brisbane about 2 weeks ago, then cleared customs there, then went to Toll fast holding yard in brissie, then to Toll fast yard in sydney, then to workshop, then I picked it up, and took these pics (about 2 hours after I picked it up from the workshop).

geddit?

:D

Few not so good pics of the four door. Yes, it's an N/a auto. Was bought to be pulled down and built into track/drift car. How ever I have my sights on something better (as you do) and might just clean it up, and daily drive it. Ignore the Barina, that’s the current daily hack :)

frontside.jpg

frontmotor.jpg

dash.jpg

bootstrut.jpg

siderear.jpg

1.jpg

you sirry birry! :)

I said:

"those shots were taken about 2 hours after I went to the workshop, put my plates on and drove it home."

:D

hehe

yeh my point was that its not "fresh from Japan" anymore tho. Fresh from Japan is when the thing is filthy and has been sitting @your house for 10mins :)

(sorry being pedantic now)

hehe

yeh my point was that its not "fresh from Japan" anymore tho. Fresh from Japan is when the thing is filthy and has been sitting @your house for 10mins :P

(sorry being pedantic now)

I reckon we can count fresh from japan as being before it's first proper wash!

and btw mr pedantic, where's your pics?

we have a saying in these parts:

"picsorban"

:)