SAU Community

Various R34 GTR Q's. M-Spec vs. V-Spec etc

What are the differences between a R34 GTR M-Spec and V-spec? What is different from a V-Spec to a V-spec II, what did they change? Is the only difference from a plain jane R34 GTR to a Vspec the suspension and the diff like the R33 GTR?

Can anyone confirm what Nür means, I assume it has something to do with nurburgring, and i read somewhere that you get N1 engine and turbos.

I've never really take an interest in R34s until recently, and was wondering why a plain R34 GTR goes for like 65 grand when, I recently found a R34 GTR Vspec II Nür forsale in japan and it was going to cost like 130 grand by the time it got here and was complied.

V-Spec:

Brake cooling air guide

Front diffuser and rear carbon diffuser

Active LSD and ATTESA-ETS Pro

Harder suspension

Updated tachometer

V-Spec II:

Same extras as V-Spec but based on the "series 2" BNR34 which included

N1 rear calipers on whole GTR range

Aluminium pedals on whole GTR range

Revised interior colour scheme (series 1 grey cloth, series 2 black cloth) on whole GTR range

Revised centre console colour scheme (series 1 gold, series 2 illidium)on whole GTR range

Clear front and side indicators on whole GTR range

Carbon fibre bonnet with NACA duct on V-Spec II

M-Spec:

Based on V-Spec II

Leather interior

Front seat heaters

Special ripple control shock absorber

Special rear stabiliser bar

Fine grip type steering wheel with gold stitching

Aluminium bonnet (optional carbon fibre with NACA duct)

Exclusive body colour

Limited edition of 50 per month

V-spec II Nur & M-Spec Nur:

Based on either V-Spec II or M-Spec with following additions

Limited edition of 1000 build only

N1 turbochargers

N1 engine block

N1 pistons with weight balancing

N1 piston rings

Weight-balanced conrods

N1 oil pump

N1 water pump

N1 exhaust manifold

N1 intercooler piping

Exclusive cam cover colour

Exclusive gold VIN plate

Exclusive rear emblem

The Nur was the last of the last R34 GTR's to come from Nissan, and the last produced RB26DETT's, which is why you pay a premium for them. You can see on the above list of modifications why V-Spec's and M-Specs command a higher price than normal GTR's.

Build figures of each are:

Standard GTR: 3,169

V-Spec: 4,619

Nur: 1000

amaru is spot on .

A couple of things to add to though .

All v-specs + m-specs have 2 extra functions on the mdf , i/cooler temp and exhaust temp .

M-specs have heated external mirrors as well as heated seats .

M-specs made from may 2001 on .

I don't know the biult number for m-specs but all up about 1300 including nur m-specs .

M-specs have bigger battery as well as bigger terminals .

• 9 years later...

Thanks Guys this has cleared up a lot of things for me too as I am in the process of buying a R34 M spec Nur as I thought someone was trying to sell me a V spec Nur with a M spec rear emblem. Just one more thing, what about the seats I know they are leather and heated on the M spec Nur with yellow or silver stitching, but does the M spec Nur have the same leather seats as the std M spec ?? I think all that does change is the stitching colour I think, on the std M spec its just black stitching as per leather colour ?? . For example heated leather seats with the GTR emblem embossed near the top of the seat below the head rest and black stitching is std and all the M specs and just the colour of the stitching changes on the M spec Nurs ?? Sorry if this question is a little confusing.

I am 99% sure same stitching , also to clarify only 253 m spec nur made and 228 m spec red engine made also the rarest colour in the m spec nur is silica breath which is the same colour as the engine covers on all the nurs .

• 5 years later...