SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

My 99 Stagea S2 rear rotors one side is crack! Need change, but i couldn't find any rear rotors for sale for my S2 stagea, they mostly sell rear rotors for M35 or just front rotors only, anyone please tell me where i can buy? Even second also ok f ok for me, i am from Melbourne. THx guys, pls.

My 99 Stagea S2 rear rotors one side is crack! Need change, but i couldn't find any rear rotors for sale for my S2 stagea, they mostly sell rear rotors for M35 or just front rotors only, anyone please tell me where i can buy? Even second also ok f ok for me, i am from Melbourne. THx guys, pls.

I just had the same prob with an S1. Finally got a set from ebay.

Try DBA site or go to Supercheap with Vin No.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, therw is still no definitive answers anywhere it seems....

I have a wgc34 s2 in Canada and I have a hard time looking for replacement brakepads front or rear....

Any north american market cars got the same brake pads by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...

G'day, ok getting pretty tired of stock brakes with Bendix pads same as X-trail.

Looking at some V35 Brembos from a wrecker.

How do I tell if the rotors have any life left in them ?

Might get ripped off.

cheers

G'day, ok getting pretty tired of stock brakes with Bendix pads same as X-trail.

Looking at some V35 Brembos from a wrecker.

How do I tell if the rotors have any life left in them ?

Might get ripped off.

cheers

Nominal rotor thickness is 30mm; lower limit after machining is probably 28mm.

You'll need pair of vernier calipers to measure accurately.

Used V35 Brembos

Is $1400 too much for a full set ?

Near new slotted discs.

cheers

For a complete set it's probably about as good as you'll do; I've seen tards asking $1k for just the fronts, with worn out rotors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes this thread is way too long, with 90% unanswered questions and lots of facts without type of Stagea there for etc. I guess a majority of people no longer have a mighty Stagea in their garage.

I have a Stagea S2 1999 model, I've done about 200K probably on original rotors. I think im overdue for a new rotor and pad combo.

I've changed the pads twice since i've owned it.

Front pads: Once with GSL Rallysport GSL009 HP-X and once with Remsa 0852 14 (Renault Koleos 06.08, Nissan Murano).

Rear pads: Once with GSL Rallysport QDB1399 HP-X and once with Bendix DB1399GCT.

If I can find some rotors i'll probably go to GSL Rallysport again.

Otherwise I might try the upgrade option. I have some R32 GTR calipers and 4 piston alloy Calipers (I think from Z32 turbo). I also have R34 GTT rims on it so probably not a bad option.

On Ebay you can get Rotor and pad packages for Stagea 1996-2001. But I think this is a typo and only for series 1 (1996-1998).

• Like 1

Yes this thread is way too long, with 90% unanswered questions and lots of facts without type of Stagea there for etc. I guess a majority of people no longer have a mighty Stagea in their garage.

I have a Stagea S2 1999 model, I've done about 200K probably on original rotors. I think im overdue for a new rotor and pad combo.

I've changed the pads twice since i've owned it.

Front pads: Once with GSL Rallysport GSL009 HP-X and once with Remsa 0852 14 (Renault Koleos 06.08, Nissan Murano).

Rear pads: Once with GSL Rallysport QDB1399 HP-X and once with Bendix DB1399GCT.

If I can find some rotors i'll probably go to GSL Rallysport again.

Otherwise I might try the upgrade option. I have some R32 GTR calipers and 4 piston alloy Calipers (I think from Z32 turbo). I also have R34 GTT rims on it so probably not a bad option.

On Ebay you can get Rotor and pad packages for Stagea 1996-2001. But I think this is a typo and only for series 1 (1996-1998).

Just wondering if Auto/Manual or RWD/AWD makes a difference at all.

This is the best Stagea pad list i've seen so far. From the Bendix website.

Id guess all turbo variants would have the same type for that year, bar the Autech version.

bendix_stagea_brake_pads_2015_zpswrcpy0j

Just fitted new slotted and dimpled rotors with QFM HPX pads

Also had the Brembos fully serviced. Awesome braking.

I have a slight whirring sound and pedal feel when they are hot.

Hoping this is just still symptoms of bedding in, and not something that comes with dimpled rotors...

Anyone noticed the same ?

Funny I did research before I bought them.

Nothing about noise/feel just positives on cooler rotors and pads.

My stockers were slotted fronts and did the same thing, I thought is was shit pads.

I didn't buy them to look cool, just went on performance forums opinions.

Have you ever heard a girl say "mmmmm, slotted rotors... I think I wanna sleep with you."

I haven't..

So you did research and it said that slots and dimples are better?

That is a shame.

search ferrari brakes on google and try and find one pic of a smooth rotor

here's one chick that does dig cross drilled anyway

post-25026-0-98767000-1450508860_thumb.jpg

Edited by conan7772