SAU Community

Fitting A New Lambda Sensor

Sydneykid

I just paid to have it tuned...

Is there anything else it could be?

I spend a lot of time at idle, but not much at cruise... i cant afford to keep running the car like this.

Take it back and complain about the fuel economy. Any sort of decent tune would have included a closed loop running test, to make sure that the lambda sensor is functioning as it should. Takes about 10 seconds on the dyno.

:wave: cheers :D

• 2 months later...

Making an old thread new again.

NGK/ NTK Part number OZA395-E2 O2 Sensor Nissan Pulsar N14/N1

This is what came up in the NGK parts catalouge when searching for the O2 sensor for R33 RB25DET.

It even has the factory plug, so no wire crimping necessary.

Petroject (Ph 1300 731373) trade price - $69.85 + GST = $76.84

Used an open ended 22mm ring spanner, 5min job if that.

• 4 months later...

This is what came up in the NGK parts catalouge when searching for the O2 sensor for R33 RB25DET.

Checked with Petroject, they quate me $140 for the same part number as above :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Chinthana

Red thru all the pages, but cannot find correct part number for the R33 NON TURBO model (aftermarket part number not the orginal Nissan one)....

These are my findings so far,

NGK OZA395-E2 (This comes as BOSH now part number 2269013007) $129 from REPCO

ACA ROX207 (Direct fitment for Ford EL)

ACA ROX203 (Universal fittment)

NIssan Orginal Part Numbers for R33 RB25DE NON TURBO models-

Buid Date ( 93/08 - 95/01) Part Number - 22690 - 73L11

( 95/01 - 96/01) Part Number - 22690 - 85T00

( 96/01 - ) " " "

Will be the ACA ROX203 the correct one for my one? can any one advise me the correct part please...

Cheers

Chinthana

Use the ACA ROX203 (Universal fittment) and swap the plug as per the thread.

:wave: cheers :wave:

Thanks Gary, will try this one and see how it goes.

Cheers

Chinthana

• 2 months later...

wee back to the top

can this (NGK/ NTK Part number OZA395-E2 O2 Sensor Nissan Pulsar N14/N1) be used on the RB25DET NEO aswell?

wee back to the top

can this (NGK/ NTK Part number OZA395-E2 O2 Sensor Nissan Pulsar N14/N1) be used on the RB25DET NEO aswell?

Not sure, the NGK website doesn't include any Neo-engined cars in their listing... Might be best to ring them up or contact your local spare parts joint.

If you're an SAU NSW member, Bryce, then ring up Lincorp (Parramatta Nissan) and ask them - you'll also be eligible for a discount. Have a look in NSW -> NSW Members' Area -> SAU NSW Sponsors -> Club discounts at Lincorp.

• 1 month later...
wee back to the top... can this (NGK/ NTK Part number OZA395-E2 O2 Sensor Nissan Pulsar N14/N1) be used on the RB25DET NEO aswell?

Would love to know this as well. Would rather pay a little more and not have to crimp the wires if possible.

Would love to know this as well. Would rather pay a little more and not have to crimp the wires if possible.

Just spoke to a guy at Petroject and although they don't have a listing for RB25DET Neo engines, his recommendation when I told him that the EL Falcon O2 sensor would fit was that the NTK OZA395-E2 part would be alright. Can anyone confirm this?

To be honest crimping the connectors is really not a big deal. But I can see how " plug and play" would be much easier. All a case of if you can afford it then buy the one you dont have to play with .

Myself - I get a kick out of saving quite a few bucks for what is really very little work

To be honest crimping the connectors is really not a big deal. But I can see how " plug and play" would be much easier. All a case of if you can afford it then buy the one you dont have to play with .

Myself - I get a kick out of saving quite a few bucks for what is really very little work

Well I'm having an arse of a time finding a oxy socket in Adelaide, tried Repco, Sprint, Super Cheap all with no success. Is it hard to remove with an adjustable wrench? Car is at home, and I can't remember!

Well I tried removing the old sensor without a sensor socket and i must say... i can't do it. :)

Really need someone to lend me one for a few minutes to change it. Otherwise I'll have to wait till the car gets serviced next month. Anyone in Adelaide with some time this weekend?

Just bought one, and I can definitely say the plug doesn't fit. Anybody want to buy one for your R33? $90 delivered.

Just bought one, and I can definitely say the plug doesn't fit. Anybody want to buy one for your R33? $90 delivered.

Well, decided to take the plunge and crimp the wires with said part. After a bit of cussing and growling, I finally managed to remove the old sensor and replaced it with relative ease. So, as far as i know, the OZA395-E2 part fits with RB25DET NEO engines (S2 Stagea) with crimping the old plug to it. The old sensor didn't look too good, it was white and look like something from the bottom of the barbie! Hopefully with a good tune in a couple of weeks, my fuel consumption will improve from 16L/100kms all city driving with hardly any heavy foor action.

Oh yeah... there were 2 white wires, did it matter which white wire was reconnected to the plug?

pretty sure they are both heater wires/the same. Instead of crimping the wires you should be able to un-solder and re-solder the pins out of the old plug and put it onto the new sensor. But there must be a straight fit option....just need to find the part number....

• 2 months later...

$425 for a genuine WC34 Stagea (NEO) o2 sensor.. err

so webng hows the falcon sensor working out???

also, whats the difference between Zirconia or Titania sensors?

Edited by Brycey

• 4 months later...

Going to try this fix tomorrow; getting ~380K's to a tank (about the same as the old bluebird :/ ) Has anybody seen any significant improvement from changing the EGO sensor alone? I am still running stock exhaust and compliance cat'.