SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

I'm gonna replace the stereo soon, speakers first, but I've gotta budget for it, especially with Christmas coming up. Got holidays in just over a week, so I might try and tackle it then if I have sufficient funds available to me...

Great thread!!

Conversly the only thing listed in the first post that I dont have is the:

* Front centre arm rest which can be opened towards either the driver or passenger;

But everything else plus a 5 speed manual, gtr diff, and a whole crap load more, read bought it heavily modified.

Guess that makes mine a RS-Four V+S (RS Four VS was apparently the 5 speed factory RS4??)

So what does this armrest thingy look like?

Its the centre console 'glovebox' that sits between the drivers seat and front passenger seat, just like in a Falcodore etc.

Mine is upholstered on top for the armrest part, in a suede type fabric, colour grey from memory.

Mine only opens as per Terminals post...... =(

Brendan

I'll also confirm that Series 2 come with Xenon headlights. They are also height adjustable from inside the cabin.

I also have a touch screen Xanaxi TV/ Climate Control/ CD PLayer - very sweet, except it's mostly in Japanese. I haven't seen these on many other Stageas!

And interestingly, no external antenna. The antenna appears to be built into the rear window. There's an FM radio blackspot right near me and the Stagea provides much better reception than any other car I have driven through the blackspot.

Edited by thedriver

I'll also confirm that Series 2 come with Xenon headlights. They are also height adjustable from inside the cabin.

I also have a touch screen Xanaxi TV/ Climate Control/ CD PLayer - very sweet, except it's mostly in Japanese. I haven't seen these on many other Stageas!

And interestingly, no external antenna. The antenna appears to be built into the rear window. There's an FM radio blackspot right near me and the Stagea provides much better reception than any other car I have driven through the blackspot.

How do you adjust the height from the cabin? - haven't found anything in my Series II to do that

The antenna is in the drivers side rear window - according to the manual at least

Cheers, Al

Alright, here are pics of my Centre consoles - both the arm-rest area and the handbrake/gearshift/stereo/air-con consoles.

First, the center arm-rest opened towards the driver (yep, Ska, it's ridiculously shallow, but it's better than nothing):

Stageabits001.jpg

Now, opened the other way, towards the passenger (yes, it opens the whole way up, I was just too lazy to go around and take a shot from that side...):

Stageabits002.jpg

Another shot from the front of the car (it doesn't open from the front), also showing another set of cup-holders which doubles as an extra stow-away:

Stageabits008.jpg

The lower console, the gearshift surround and handbrake:

Stageabits003.jpg

The upper console, with the (as yet unchanged) stereo and Air-Con controls:

Stageabits004.jpg

The original handbrake (no longer used, obviously):

Stageabits006.jpg

and what it connects to, i.e. nothing!!!:

Stageabits007.jpg

Interestingly, the armrest (in all its different shapes, forms and opening versions), lower console and gearshift/handbrake surrounds look surprisingly similar to those used in manual R-34s (and R-33s too, I think):

bnr_interior.jpg

gtv12.jpg

Cheers all,

Nick T.

Edited by GoldZilla

Wow that is cool!!!

My centre console storage space is NO WHERE NEAR that deep, and mine only opens from the front, it is hinged at the back, so it opens up like my old r33 did.

I never knew you could get it to open up from either side, cool!

I'll take some pics of mine on the weekend :(

Thanks Nick!!

i have that centre arm rest, and the space underneath it.

But mine looks a fair bit deeper than that, and has a little tray that sits above it that u can move to different spots.

If l get a chance after the soccer (go vince grella!!) l'll get a pic of it later.

Edited by [ STAGEN ]

I have a Navi/TV edition RSfour and according to the FAST software, mine has 'COLD AREA' options, does anyone know what this means ? so far all i can see different is front wiper defrosting wires in the windscreen. Also some models state front LSD as an option, i thought this would be standard ?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Navi/TV edition RSfour and according to the FAST software, mine has 'COLD AREA' options, does anyone know what this means ? so far all i can see different is front wiper defrosting wires in the windscreen. Also some models state front LSD as an option, i thought this would be standard ?

should have a bigger battery than normal and possibly a different alternator as well

..cold starts..