SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

was just seeing all the threads on different gloveboxes - i just assumed they were all the same... and mine seems different again to all the other descriptions - mine opens from BOTH sides and is full depth for CDs etc... most other people whos open both sides seem to have posted that they are very shallow... weird so many different ones!

And yeah - factory Xenons with height adjustment for the high beam, controlled by a thumb-wheel on the dash to raise or lower the pitch down the road.

Edited by Brazen

I would have thought this test (fanging on a dirt road) ineffective because of awd?

hmm, you should still be able to tell - if you can't what is the point of having one! :P I haven't been on a dirt rd in my stagea yet (it does have the lsd as it is a four S), so can't comment from experience..

Ian

Wow that is cool!!!

My centre console storage space is NO WHERE NEAR that deep, and mine only opens from the front, it is hinged at the back, so it opens up like my old r33 did.

I never knew you could get it to open up from either side, cool!

I'll take some pics of mine on the weekend :P

Thanks Nick!!

Sorry pics took so long, but as promised here it is :w00t:

post-7853-1137106967.jpg

As you can see it is only like 2 inches deep, but when you reomve it to see what is underneath, it has this MASSIVE airbag thingy box directly underneath it, dunno wether that is where is is on stock cars though....?

It's a big silver box with cuation airbag stickers all over it and heaps of wires running from it towards the front of the car, looks like it belongs there as all the mounts for it are there and it actually sits raised about 1cm off the floor pan.

I'll take some pics when I can, dont hold your breath though :(

Owned :(

Airbag thingy? Is it an airbag or what? If it is, how the hell did they do that converting to manual

It is the g-force switch(if you call it that?) that sets the air bags off in your dashboard and steering wheel

Basically when you have a accident, the switch makes contact inside from the force of the impact and off go the airbags

It's a big silver box with cuation airbag stickers all over it and heaps of wires running from it towards the front of the car, looks like it belongs there as all the mounts for it are there and it actually sits raised about 1cm off the floor pan.

I'll take some pics when I can, dont hold your breath though :P

It is the g-force switch(if you call it that?) that sets the air bags off in your dashboard and steering wheel

Basically when you have a accident, the switch makes contact inside from the force of the impact and off go the airbags

It's most likely the computer with the g-sensors, as Darrin has mentioned. Don't forget, also, that GT-Rs (and probably GTS4s) had the g-sensors under the centre glovebox, behind the handbrake, and this was used as part of the triggering functions of the ATESSA computers. Seeing as most of us have RS-Fours, then they should all have them there, whether stock or converted to manual like mine and Ska's. I haven't bothered (or had the need) to take that part of the centre console off, so I can only assume they'd be in the same spot.

Who knows, maybe the same g-sensors were used for the airbags and the ATESSA!?!?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hey, i tried that, and i got pinged with a $99 parking in loading zone fine, they didn't believe i was on business, which i was... lowsy parking guys

A bit OT, but since when in NSW does it matter if your private rego'd or business.

It is my understanding that any wagon, ute, van or larger LR/MR/HR vehicle can legally park in a loading zone.

Alright, ignore what I said inpost #54, the airbag computer and ATTESSA sensor are separate items...

Airbag ECU:

Stageabits015.jpg

Airbag ECU (bottom of shot) and ATTESSA sensor (top of shot) with whole console removed:

Stageabits014.jpg

ATTESSA sensor just behind the gear shifter:

Stageabits013.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think this is one thread we should leave exactly as it is now, we still have a lot of people visiting this part of the forums asking questions, and having it kinda hidden away makes it harder for those who are new to Stageas and are thinking of making a purchase or doing extra research.

I think the DIY section is better for us who already own them, and know to use it as a reference point when looking for instructions, etc. when we're doing repairs and/or upgrades. For any of those types of threads, then they could be put in the one DIY section...