SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

the original 260rs wheels are 17 x7 bbs .. front are +30 offset,rear +20 offset,you need spacers and longer wheels studs for rear to use 34or 33 gtr rims from my experience ..finding the right rims for my car has been a real pain ..so left them std ...too hard

The R33GTR wheels fit perfectly on the RSFour, standard studs and no spacers. I wonder what the difference is compared to the 260RS.

:P cheers :(

not sure but std 7jj 20/30wheels will fit on front to back but car handles funny...different..18x9 34gtr rims +30...hit shockies on inside rear

Now I am confused;

A 9" rim (229 mm) with 30 mm offset is 144 mm in and 85 mm out

A 7" rim (178 mm) with 30 mm offset is 119 mm in and 59 mm out

A 7" rim (178 mm) with 20 mm offset is 109 mm in and 69 mm out

So a 7" rim with 30 mm offset is 25 mm further away from the shock than a 9" rim with a 30 mm offset. A 7" rim with a 20 mm offset is even further away, 35 mm in fact.

It can't be the shock that they are hitting, unless the bottom spring seat is lower on the 260RS's than the S1 or S2 RSFours. The picture of Brad's R33GTR rear ended Stagea shows what happens when the spring seat is too low, it fouls the tyre.

107_0746.jpg

The other alternative problem is too tall a profile tyre, but that would also have serious speedo error issues as well.

:P cheers :(

can anyone with an s2 rs four s (manual) (ie comes with 17" rims standard) check their placard on the drivers side door jamb to see the specs including offset and width of the original rims.

...Cheers

Now I am confused;

A 9" rim (229 mm) with 30 mm offset is 144 mm in and 85 mm out

A 7" rim (178 mm) with 30 mm offset is 119 mm in and 59 mm out

A 7" rim (178 mm) with 20 mm offset is 109 mm in and 69 mm out

So a 7" rim with 30 mm offset is 25 mm further away from the shock than a 9" rim with a 30 mm offset.  A 7" rim with a 20 mm offset is even further away, 35 mm in fact.

It can't be the shock that they are hitting, unless the bottom spring seat is lower on the 260RS's than the S1 or S2 RSFours.  The picture of Brad's R33GTR rear ended Stagea shows what happens when the spring seat is too low, it fouls the tyre.

107_0746.jpg

The other alternative problem is too tall a profile tyre, but that would also have serious speedo error issues as well.

:) cheers :)

re: the std 7jj rim

if i put rear + 20 on front ..they stick out of guards to much

if i put front + 30 on rear ..they fit but not much clearance to shock/spring

9jj + 30 is perfect for front but hits rear shock without spacers.. on my car anyway

can anyone with an s2 rs four s (manual) (ie comes with 17" rims standard) check their placard on the drivers side door jamb to see the specs including offset and width of the original rims.

I've only got an S2 2wd and the drivers door placard looks exactly like the photo further back in this thread. The car came with a users manual from JPNZ covering WC34 models - 2 and 4wd. It's tyre chart looks like this

Tyre Rim Size PCD OFFSET

195 / 65R 15 91S

15 X 6JJ

205 / 60R 15 91H

15 X 6.5JJ 114.3mm x 5 holes 40 mm

205 / 55R 16 89V 16 X 7JJ

dont know if this is any help - it makes no mention of 17' rims

thanks anyway guys but i really need the info for the 17" rim, is there anybody on the forums with an s2 rs four s manual?

(other than "thedriver" as i already PM'ed him but he hasnt been online for about two weeks.)

Mighty ford falcon! Finally good for something!

the rims i am getting are 18" by 7.5, with 235 wide tyres. 114.3x5 stud (obviously enough).

youll find that any set of rims up to 18 inch designed to suit an AU or BA falcon will fit. same stud pattern offset, caliper clearance, you name it. i had the boys at superior tyres at aspley fit 4 sets of wheels, each for an AU/BA falcon to see how they look, and they all fit. both on the hoist and on the ground. dont foul on anything. you have my word!

Sorry, I've been on a desserted island for the last 2 weeks and have only just made it back to the mainland.

I don't have the original tyre placard on my car. I guess it was replaced during compliance. The placard on my door lists:

205/55 R16 tyres on a rim size of 6 1/2 JJ 16

225/50 R16 tyres on a rim size of 7 JJ 16

However my car is fitted with 17" Nissan OEM rims that I have also seen fitted to other S2 RS Four S model Stageas in Japan. I have a feeling there is more info in the compliance documentation so I'll check that when I get back home.

thanks anyway guys but i really need the info for the 17" rim, is there anybody on the forums with an s2 rs four s manual?

Yep. Wifes out in it at the moment, but according to the compliance papers -

Rim size and profile: 7.5 JJ 17

Rim Offset: +40mm

Wheel track front 1450mm

Wheel track rear 1515mm

Wheel Center to top of wheel arch -

Front Unladen 400mm, Full bump: 310mm

Rear: 380mm, 300mm

- and I have 225/50 tires on (obviously on all 4 wheels!). Works fine :-)

That's for a 2001 S2 four S. :-)

I can pull a wheel off and check what is says on the inside next weekend if you want.

Edit: Wife home, but the label on the side of the door doesn't say (just gives the tire size and preasure). So I'd have to pull a wheel off and see if it was actually the same as stated in the compliance papers..

Ian

Edited by ian

I was wondering about using the spare if you have larger wheels than normal and you get a puncture.

Would doing this have an adverse effect on the 4WD system?

Would I be better of carrying a puncture repair system (e.g. Slime) and a 12V compressor in place of the spare?

What sort of size difference can the system cope with?

- do you want me to take a wheel off and check (I've heard it's normally written on the inside of the rim)?

that would be great if you could ian... cheers

• 2 weeks later...

lol, cheers but i wouldnt worry too much about it ian, you have pretty much given me all the info i needed (for compliance reasons)

muchly appreciated, oh and by the way your RS FOUR S is awesome, i love the colour!

Just wondering why those running 18" rims are using 235/40/18 tyres as opposed to 22/40/18 tyres that have a closer rolling radius to the standard 225/50/16 tyre, apart from the fact they are wider?

Wouldn't the 225/40 have a narrower sidewall than the 235/40 - this is purely visual difference