SAU Community

Car Audio

raz0r$harP.UK

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My R33 GTR has 6.5" front and rear, which in metric is known as a 170mm speaker.

Same here - 17cm speakers, the pic shows approximate size of the speakers I pulled out of my car, crappy paper cone clarions.

post-62747-0-95711200-1306055669_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

what does everyone think about those ebay DVD units.. i know they will defenitely not be the best but i know if I start spending money on a head unit, Im gonna start wanting to do speakers etcs

im just looking for something cheap, and the ebay dvd ones seem to suffice. especially with Australian maps etc.. for about $400 max..

i didnt really wanna start a thread on it.. but yeh

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what does everyone think about those ebay DVD units.. i know they will defenitely not be the best but i know if I start spending money on a head unit, Im gonna start wanting to do speakers etcs

im just looking for something cheap, and the ebay dvd ones seem to suffice. especially with Australian maps etc.. for about $400 max..

i didnt really wanna start a thread on it.. but yeh

there not to bad, I bought one 2 years ago, and it lasted me about 8 months before the screen no longer folded in and out properly, it would fold out when i started the car, then fold itself back in, or it would get stuck, it ate one of my favourite CD's and it ended up out the window on the hume hwy.

you get what you pay for, i suggest saving your money, these days you can get something decent from a trusted brand, with a warranty for 700+ so I suggest saving your money, especially if you have a nice car for it to go in :)

• 2 months later...

FYI

Just a quick update ipad tablets fit in R34 dash's with mods but same basic dash shape and console area, only the bezel trim and ashtray area needs remolded

They can be perm mount or slide out depending on how custom you want !! Test fit in my car today , plenty of space

And no metal to hit if you slide out on drivers side of lower fash , passenger side has a bracket

so before anyone asks ues you can do it

Cheers

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI

Just a quick update ipad tablets fit in R34 dash's with mods but same basic dash shape and console area, only the bezel trim and ashtray area needs remolded

They can be perm mount or slide out depending on how custom you want !! Test fit in my car today , plenty of space

And no metal to hit if you slide out on drivers side of lower fash , passenger side has a bracket

so before anyone asks ues you can do it

Cheers

FYI

Ipad mini ( 1st gen)

Fits in the dash of a R34 without excess mods or cutting , photos coming of kit fitment in dash

Could fit in just about any newer Nissan

• 1 month later...

Carbon also sells plug in connectors for most Nissan's for the home enthusiast installer!!! You only need a car side plug and the radio side plug like the following:

APP0120.jpg + APP8ALP.jpg = an installed head unit on a R34 :D

Plugs are about $15 each free postage for SAU!!

Some cars need extra parts like antenna adapters for the early Nissans if you have the standard head unit still installed.

Give us a call if you need anything we can try to help out.

Daniel Gardener | Auto Electrical Surgeon

T: (02) 9831 3288 | M: 0411 101 737

E: [email protected] | W: www.carboncarsystems.com.au

Unit 21/47 Third Avenue, Blacktown NSW 2148

carbon_logo.png