Photo
- - - - -

Broken Arm/wrist

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic
  • Car(s):JZX100, R33 GTST
hey all.
just wondering, wats the law say about driving with a broken arm?

as u can guess, i broke my arm. my left arm. and since i have a manual, its pretty important when it comes to driving.

am i allowed to drive?

yes, it is fu(king hard to as`well.

has anyone else ever done this to themselves, anyone share my grief?

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

• Car(s):S2k Civic R33 SII GTST
I would say your fine to drive man, just ask your doctor first. I supose in the 'docotors' theory its how bad the break is as if you bump it now it might give you trouble later on in life. I supose though if its in a full cast, and their is minimum movement you should be fine. I dont think their is specifically a rule saying 'people with broken arms cant drive' because ive seen people with one leg, one arm drive.

Dayne

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

yep fractured my elbow... no cast (just bandage and sling) but was too sore to move for a week... doc advised against driving but I did anyway as soon as the pain subsided... not sure of the legality but I found gearchanging was fine it was just if I needed to steer with both hands in an emergency would have been a little dicey...

all depends on how bad the break is... if it is a serious one I wouldn't be moving your arm for several weeks as the bone will take longer to heal (and may not at all)

oh and then there is the fact that if it heals crooked they may have to rebreak it! ouch

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

or you get stuck with one arm shorter than the other. like a mate of mine.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

• Baz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1027 posts
  • Car(s):R34 GT-T
I broke my wrist 2 months ago and had it in a cast for 6 weeks. As long as your doctor advises that your able to drive, you can legally drive. Hold it heals quickly. How did you break it anyway?

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

• Goon
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
My mate broke his wrist, and he asked a cop about it, and the cop stated that as long as its in a cast then its illegal.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

• chaos
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28708 posts
be on the safe side and get a note from your dr saying your physically able to drive and you still have most use of your arm if you do get caught in a situation that requires quick action.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:44 PM

• Car(s):34&62 Ford r33 gts-t
As long as you can keep both hands on the wheel in the correct position when not shifting (obviously) and turn the wheel using both hands as required by law I dont think they can touch you, if you cant do these things and are not classified as a disabled driver with modified controls then no......you're not legal to drive.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:52 PM

Scientists taught a Monkey to type, I ask to what end if you can't understand a word that he writes??

oh there is definately stuff going on behind closed doors that we know nothing about. i'd be more worried if there wasn't. i think a small amount of it is hidden in plain sight though. stuff that doesn't need to be hidden away. 

Wanna go see a great movie CONTAGEN watch the dirge and lamentation of society fail. 

I like riddles and adventure

Mark Webber F1 WINNER!!

- Sig Edited by Admin. Read the board rules on Sig Sizing please.

i got hit by a car trying to save a little girl getting hit.. . no not really, im no hero.

i broke it when i was out skating at 2am, drunk as a skunk. stupidity won in straight sets.

when i drive i dont even move my left arm. it sits on my leg, and everythjing is done with the right, and knees :( so i guess thats illegal. at least now there is no sling, so it cant be easily seen when they drive past.

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:28 AM

• Car(s):R32 GTS25t-4
Well, as long as you are not driving in Melbourne, feel free to be a bigger risk on the roads than you might ordinarily have been.

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:21 AM

I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their @#$%#@ stupidity.

STRESS - the confusing emotion created when the mind overrides the body's basic desire to bash the crap out of some jumped up little arsehole who's been asking for a knee in the cobblers for the last six months

Act FAST - support stroke research http://www.strokefoundation.com.au

• Car(s):1989 Skyline GTS-T 4 door
Whether it is legal to drive or not, if it affects your ability to drive, don't do it. No point in killing someone (or yourself) in a car accident because it was more convinient for you to drive than catch a bus.

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:46 PM

haha. we all know victorians arent the best of drivers blind_elk

but you're right big rizza, safety first. i dont drive unless i have too, and even then its not very far. understand that the last thing i want is a death on my concience. thanks for your concern.

its going to be a slow 5 weeks then. . .

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:28 PM

• AMS
  • Members

• 3310 posts
  • Car(s):S13 Onevia RB20DET
agreed

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

wonder what ur insurance company would say if u crashed

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:13 PM

Along came a skyline...

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Click here to Email me

Posted Image

• lanc3
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

its going to be a slow 5 weeks then. . .

Man you wanna talk slow weeks... 2 years in a row i broke my wrists.

First time, an acorn got stuck in my rollerblades and it flipped me over... 1 week before I was scheduled to go to surfers... let's just say that holding your arm up in the air with a cast on while jumping over waves is extremely gay and tiring.

Second time i fell out of a tree about 4 metres landed on my left wrist - 2 days before i flew out for summer holiday.

that sucked alot of shit, but now i have learned not to do anything remotely dangerous before summer holidays..........

get better quick mate B)

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

hey all.
just wondering, wats the law say about driving with a broken arm?

as u can guess, i broke my arm. my left arm. and since i have a manual, its pretty important when it comes to driving.

am i allowed to drive?

yes, it is fu(king hard to as`well.

has anyone else ever done this to themselves, anyone share my grief?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drove with a broken hand and in a cast.I was 18 and on my P's.It was allright then.An auto would be the best.

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:52 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TUTORIALS:

Diy:diff Shimming For R33 Gtst. A tutorial for more lsd lock.
>> Video on R33 gtst Front Mount Intercooler Install <<
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What stock rims 16" & 17",any make and model of car,will fit the rear of an R33gtst

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.

• Cubes
  • Members

• 15321 posts
  • Car(s):MY10 VE SS Sportwagon M6
So... Is breaking an arm quite painfull?

I broke my knuckle right through which didn't allow me to make a fist, my index finger would lock trying to make one.

That wasn't painfull, suprisingly it only felt a little strange as my finger would simply stop trying to make a fist with no pain. :P

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

Still nothing like quite like a Jap Car.

• Car(s):Not a Stagea anymore
Yeah i'll swap you my auto Stagea for your Chaser for 5 weeks Wil.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

• Ezz35
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Car(s):White R33 GTS-T S1
i just had a full shoulder reconstruction, most painful thing ever! wasnt alowed to drive for 10 weeks....:P sling for 5 weeks, 2 weeks shoulder wasnt strong enuf to lift up and indicate....still drove tho;)

Edited by Ezz35, 21 November 2005 - 11:23 PM.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:20 PM

Im sexually attracted to fire

I love scotch....scotchie scotch scotch....down it goes...down into my belly

New ride...

lol @ me.
broke my wrist last monday. least i have a nice auto maxima to borow. no skyline but it does the job.

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:17 AM

Jebus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users