All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GTSBoy

Why?

Don't feed the troll.
  3. It's odd when disconnect the sensor, that the a/C fan turns on.. It appears when disconnecting the sensor tells ecu engine is hot! And runs additional a/C fan. Which is odd. Considering lower resistances mean higher temps. And open circuit would be lowest resistance! Haha None the less this area is an area I want to investigate. The other thing is I might take off all the piping. (Intercooler pipes) it might be a loose , broken tube somewhere with a slight vac leak. As I said the time right after rebuild. Assembling everything. The car ran absolutely beautiful.. no issues like this. Wasn't until I dismantled it again (pipes , crank pulley and timing belt) this started happening. I will take a good look to try and figure it out. I will look at the main block grounding wire to. I also want to check the ignition wiring ground. (Back of engine I think there is a cable)
  4. wut? back on topic, NA neo engines have teeny tiny ports, like silly small when a turbo is involved, so put an ls1 in and turbo that OP, or you will just be burning up money for a poor result. Especially considering you asked what mechanic can fit the turbo, this is going to be a world of financial pain you dont want to enter. get a BMW
  5. Steve85

Why?

I think i covered this earlier in a different thread but I'll have another go. As someone who wasn't here ten or fifteen years ago I assume that the landscape was slightly different. I imagine that 10 years ago an owner here would daily or have only the one car that was a Skyline. I would be surprised if it were the same now. In those ten years my own personal experience of trying to daily a modified car by keeping it running, trying to dodge cops for fear of canaries and just plain effort that is required to drive a loud obnoxious car has proven that running a strictly daily car and modifying a weekend car is king. Having a daily frees you up to have a nice car and sweet/fast/crazy/low project car that's fun on the weekends. It stops people from project car burnout or at least delays it. In fifteen years the import scene has changed dramatically, as has the public opinion of "dangerous driving styles". I'm sure most people knew idiot drivers back then, but now in the age of phones with HD video and imaging, ACA beat ups and dashcams, driving like a dick on the road costs dearly. You can't do it like you used to. We need to be more organised and above board when we go out for cruises or track thrashes. So how is this relevant? It's relevant because we all want to be included. We all want to have fun without ruining it for everyone else. If you've never driven a true exotic car try it. Having 500+ hp at the wheels is amazing when it can be so comfortable and compliant at everything else. Sure my GTR will destroy all on a drag strip. But I'd be lying if i said it were comfortable, easy to drive and I didn't stall it five times everytime I took it out. We all have our own Skyline goals, but there's only so many 10s of thousands I'm going to throw in before a nice Aston, Porsche or Ferrari starts to look tempting for the same price I've dumped into my car. At some point I'm going to move on from Skylines (probably) and I'd like to stay here. We should always be striving to be inclusive when people are respectful and they meet the same principles we hold ourselves to. There's enough hate and bs in the world already. Car people need to stop hating on other car people already. End rant... [emoji106]
  6. Today
  7. My point of address was that i can call mr jolly the local cop if he used my bank
  8. Disconnect the sensor overnight and see if it starts and runs ok. If the sensor is not sending a signal the ecu reverts to a cold start map which will work until you turn the engine off. A new sensor was about $30 from an auto electrician (its not a Nissan specific part) so not too hard to replace.
  9. Slap

Why?

Was a bad move, needed a side forrum linked. Well i have been using this site for about 12-13 years for skidline info. Sau is still indicitive of skylines. I couldnt careless about being on here after hearing that skylines are actualy dissmissed from the name.
  10. KiwiRS4T

Why?

I think the NZ site predated this one but it is almost moribund these days as most have gravitated to this site as it is now pretty much the worlds biggest source of information on Skylines, RBs, and related interests...
  11. oh man, settle down. cars are a waste of time, and money. lets all agree on that. Slap, you are enthusiastic. I'll give you that. take a breath and chill out. no one is trying to fight. let alone get on a plane to fight people (that you implied) . do a skid. and go drive a nice new euro to see what you think
  12. You guys had better ALL calm the hell down, stop making threats etc etc. Or I will ban the whole lot of you.
  13. I tried buying from them a year ago but got absolutely nowhere so gave up. Thankfully no money had changed hands. No response to any contact methods.
  14. PranK

Why?

Is it a big problem catering for both? I haven't had a Skyline for about 10 years but I still line them along with cars from all sorts of manufacturers. 90% of the chat is still very much Skyline specific.
  15. PranK

Why?

It was changed to SAU from Skylines Australia a few years back to cater four both Skyline owners and owners of other cars rather than just Skyline owners.
  16. Slap

Why?

I would think Skylines Australia United. Why when it seems to be euros united more so. I undersrand people come here with allsorts but isnt this a skyline fan site. How come im the only one stickin up for skidlines over euro? Does the site maybe need a new name or is this some kind of a joke using skylines in the name to entice but then talk up euros instead.
  17. KiwiRS4T

Why?

Are you serious? As a rough guess I would say it stands for Skylines Australia ... the Kiwi site is SDU which stands for Skylines Down Under
  18. Skimming over the top like a polished stone.
  19. I have no intention to harm you. Nor is there intention to take it outside the forrum. I certainly hope you stay similar.
  20. Who made threats brad? So as i stated dumb ass i will sue you if you even think. I have screen shoted what you have said.
  21. Slap

Why?

Why is the site called SAU?
  22. And I have some bank details of yours and a way to make use of it. So you had best consider raising your IQ above room temperature before making any sorts of threats in a public arena, doofus. You really have no idea how much fun and entertainment you provide. but it is a bit like watching a triple amputee dwarf try to ride a unicycle along a greasy plank. It's really sad underneath the laughter.
  23. Someone is selling a Consult cable and ECUTalk setup on these very forums, for not much $$ at all. Otherwise, you go to a mechanic who has a scan tool and plug in and investigate. Fault codes aren't all that helpful if there's not a big enough fault to actually raise a code. What we're looking for here is what the ECU thinks the temperature is when hot, cold, plugged in and unplugged, plus what it might be doing to injector pulse widths while cranking under those circumstances.
  1. Load more activity