The search index is currently processing. Leaderboard results may not be complete.

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 05/19/2018 in all areas

  1. 4 points
    So I er kinda forgot to update this thread, but they’re done:
  2. 4 points
    White: Engine is in the bay. Fighting me nearly every step of the way. But, its finlay in there. Clutch is in. Gearbox going in soon.....
  3. 2 points
    I have been asked a lot at car meets how I curved my steel SHS tubing for projects I build...without crimping or the outside corner sucking-in. So I thought someone may find this helpful. It sure does produce a great result and causes some head scratching. pictures should explain the process. Important to chamfer the edges of the steel to ensure full weld penetration and increase surface area for the weld filler. I have used these on steps for monster trucks and have never had a failure....the tubing buckles long before the welding or HAZ. I do only weld with a TIG and I consider that crucial...
  4. 2 points
    Um . No. Just no. Neo DET head has about 51cc chamber volume. Vanilla has about 62 or something similar. Jam a Neo head onto a vanilla bottom end and the compression ratio goes through the roof. This is a known fact. Neo pistons have much lower crown height because the chamber is flatter because that's one of he big changes made to make the Neo heads (on various engines). It was about reducing the surface area of metal facing the combustion event.
  5. 2 points
    I promised to bring two barrels to a friend could fit without turning the benches
  6. 1 point
    and like I said, with fitment you won't really know until you go to put it in. Unless the info is on SAU or a Canadian/UK Skyline forum, you probably won't find the information via google. The Y34 has almost identical rear end to M35/V35/Z33, all using R200 diff. I think all used 6x1 bolt half-shafts with external ABS rings on the half shafts. and NM35 helical diff needed a fair chunk of one of my half shafts machined off to fit it. The diff, fitting and machining was a bit over $500 total, which is considered a decent total price for a helical diff. My point is, how much do you plan to save trying to use V35 diff? the cost could potentially be much higher than just sourcing something that others have proven to fit without issue.
  7. 1 point
    Wow, that's some tidy work 360CF
  8. 1 point
    Thanks champ! apologies for not proof reading my post. I’ll be sure to send you my assignments for a quick proof read before I put them in.
  9. 1 point
    well there you go. rear is straight swap then (if there is a pair of ABS sensors on the diff end of the half shafts), but and so is the front...there is just a lot of work to change the front diff/sump....
  10. 1 point
    As the OEM CAS units age, there is a definite drop off in their accuracy. Things wear, and you get a small amount of slop in the drive splines. And with bigger power pulses from a more powerful engine, this all combines to produce timing scatter so that the ECU doesn't exactly know correct engine speed or position. Not good when you want a good tune and reliability. Proper crank trigger setup is the ultimate fix IMO with an RB. Equal importance to an oiling system that doesn't suck air or break pump gears. Hall sensors are not the ideal choice and can get "lost" sometimes. Which is why OEM setups use reluctors. But the kit you mention can/does work well. Which it would want to, for the $$ required. You will need some wiring changes, and a tuner who knows how to configure the ECU to read/interpret the triggering.
This leaderboard is set to Sydney/GMT+10:00