SAU Community

What's up with SDU

What is going on with the forums on SDU?

Prank, meggala, any news on forming an Aus chapter of SDU?

Damn there's alot of tension on those forums at the moment. It's almost comical. That's one of the bad things about communicating through written messages. Some people tend to take it the wrong way and before you know it you have a mess on your hands. People need to chill more. :mrgreen:

My philosophy is;

"if it's written on an anonymous bulletin board then it's all to be taken with a grain of salt",

in other words, it's probably crap so why get worked up...

Some people take it WAAAYY too seriously.

I think ph said the kiwis locked it to let everyone cool down.

Pretty damned good idea if they did lock it up. It was getting a bit out of hand ay. I was on it yesterday morning just before it went off-line and things were getting worse.

I joined just over a week before all this happened and I was having a ball. Couldn't wait to get on it every night, stayed up most nights and even got into trouble at work 'cause I was on it. My gf was teasing me, calling me an addict but I was genuinely having fun. Everyone seemed friendly and I learned heaps which is always a bonus. It changed very quickly though which is a shame.

Sorry to say but I think alot of Aussies were whinging too much though. Just get on with it, it's not the end of the world.

Guest [ryan]

Bah, SDU has gone downhill. The moderators picked on me about shit ( i used to use the name OPL33Z ) about posting crap, i used to post heaps but not lately. They banned me without warning and i'm sure you all know the story anyway. Oh well over it. At least now we have a new board, let's hope it gets more popular and doesn't get abused. Let's also hope we don't get idiot moderators like some on SDU.

Thanks Christian for settin up this board, hopefully it will help us all kill some boredom :P

Cheers,

Ryan

[img:d2526d49b0]http://home.iprimus.com.au/vbrs/fonz2.gif[/img:d2526d49b0]

Ahh come on meggala. You'll be back there by the weeks end. Aside from all the crap that might go on, I bet you have made some friends there. Besides, there isn't another forum that is exclusively for Skylines downunder. Is there? :?

What about the Aus chapter of SDU? Do you think that will happen? I'd seriously like to see it become a proper car club. If not I'm joining SVD. Can't seem to get any info on them though. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks Guys!!

Hopefully these forums will take off with the AUS car owners... Its not intended as a substitute for SDU, just more as an Australian based forums. Unfortunately, they can't be as big as SDU as I prolly can't afford it, but lets just see how it goes.

ENJOY!! :P

Christian

Guys, Ihad no idea there was and tention at SDU, pity really...

ONARUN, SVD's in limbo at the moment, there's still two upcoming cruises though, wakefield park on the 28th and then Bathurst on the 18th of next month.

Prank, Do you know of anyone that has any digital photos of my re-union with the rock? My car's sitting at the crash repairer so I have plenty of time to hone my cornering technique on GT2. :P