SAU Community

26/30 Into R32 Gtr Engine Mounts

exXU1

Howdy yawl ,

quick question.

Have put the 26/30 into my R32 GTR and it does not look right seems to be sitting to high .

Do i use the rb 26 r32 engine mounts ( rubber) and the engine mounts aluminium and not a differant combo ?

Your advice appreciated.

Thanx

Also would like to know a solution to this problem, i did the RB30DET conversion into a R32 GTS and could easilly modify the engine mounts as they are steel, but the GTS4 i have has the same Aluminium mounts as a GTR, doesnt look like they can be modded easily or at all.

Check the clearance between the sump and the crossmember that will tell you if you can lower the engine by modifying the mounts, you should have between 15-20mm clearance. I will be using solid mounts from Zennith Tunning which should allow me to sit the engine 5mm off the crossmember.

When I was in Melbourne I spoke to AVO about this conversion and they apparently slot the engine mounts to allow the engine to sit a little lower. I think it still comes close to touching the bonnet though.

Cheers, Dror

So are the standard GTR mounts solid aluminium? ie; they dont use rubber mounts connected to a solid mount like the gtst ones??

If so, the vibration and noise thru the car body would be increased due to the solid mount wouldnt it?

GTR mounts are very similar to the gts-t ones, another option is to elongate the holes which bolt to the block on the mount allowing the engine to sit lower, the solid mounts are an aftermarket thing which i will be using in my car, yes the engine will vibrate more through the car but will also transfer more power as the engine will not twist on the mounts causing a loss of power/response.

Hi.

I have a gts-4

For future reference, aside from engine mounts (slotting, replacing), is there much that can be done?

As in, pump the bonnet & get a vent cut?

(I know I'm dreaming - but I'm already half way there...)